Page 5 of 8
Hey, i am also looking for the acoustic and buying a guitar can be an intimidating process, especially if you've never purchased one before. There are so many factors to consider, and so many guitars available.
Last edited by michaelkennedy at May 23, 2012,
Hi there,

I'm a beginner guitar player, but I'm shopping for a guitar for my fiance, who is an experienced guitarist. I want it to be a wedding present for him, but I just don't trust my small knowledge of guitars and it's supposed to be a surprise, so I'm looking for some advice. He currently has an Alvarez classical guitar with a cedar top that he loves, but he doesn't have an acoustic of his own right now. His dad plays music professionally, so he's always just played his acoustics. I know he wants a dreadnought, and it being American made is important to him. So far I like the Martin D-1GT and the Martin D16 GT. I really don't want to spend more than $1,000 dollars, but even that's sort of pushing my budget. Any thoughts on these? Or do you have any better suggestions? Thank you so much!
It's my birthday today, and I'm headed out later with my mum to pick up my first acoustic. I have done a bit of research, and obviously I'm going to test out the guitars before I buy them, but right now I'm between the Seagull Entourage Rustic and the Epiphone AJ 220S. Definitely willing to go more expensive for the Seagull if it's that much better, but if there are dissenting opinions, I'd love to hear them. Also would love to hear opinions on purely acoustic vs. acoustic-electric since electronics are an option on the Entourage Rustic. Going later today so if I get some responses before then, it'd be hugely appreciated. Thanks!
-Griff
I have a Fender acoustic to start with o.O it sounds fine with me but I would have gotten a Yamaha except well, it was kind of expensive
I like Alverez and Seagull too. I don't particularly care about looks as long as it sounds good.
I am looking for a guitar around 100 euros. First or second hand. But I can't really find a lot: mostly cheap looking ones with brands I never heard of. Can someone help me out?

The best one I found is the Yamaha F-310. It sounds amazing and looks nice. But first hand it is 130 euros without shipping costs.
Quote by KevinDG
I am looking for a guitar around 100 euros. First or second hand. But I can't really find a lot: mostly cheap looking ones with brands I never heard of. Can someone help me out?

The best one I found is the Yamaha F-310. It sounds amazing and looks nice. But first hand it is 130 euros without shipping costs.

Yamaha is a great brand. My guitar teacher and several of my friends all recommend it. However since I'm a starter and most of Yamaha guitars I found are like $300 (about 244.5 euros) I think 130 euros are a great price.

Try Alvarez Regent Series RD17 Dreadnought Guitar Natural Gloss Finish. Alvarez is a great brank for acoustic. This one is about $125. I don't know if it's available in Europe though. (Should be....)

Hope it helps. Best of luck of picking your guitar
^ thanks, a lot of people seem to praise Yamaha. I'll check out the other one yoo.

Shipping costs are problems too. I don't have any music stores nearby where I live, not even in the cities :/ Anyone heard of Dimavery before by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwR6dGSnjkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player is this the mentioned guitar?
Last edited by KevinDG at Jul 20, 2012,
Quote by KevinDG
^ thanks, a lot of people seem to praise Yamaha. I'll check out the other one yoo.

Shipping costs are problems too. I don't have any music stores nearby where I live, not even in the cities :/ Anyone heard of Dimavery before by the way?
Here check this Yamaha out: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fg700s-folk-acoustic-guitar It's $200. USD This model has a solid spruce top. I'm pretty sure the other Yamaha you were investigating has a laminated top.

In any event, I'm not quite sure about the monetary exchange rate, or what the going price is in your location. If you can afford this one, you should at least consider it.
^I see it will be available too for 160 dollars (132 euros apparantly), but my budget is not really any higher than slightly above 100 euros. But I still might check it out, thanks.
I have about £250-£280 ($400 - $450) to spend on an acoustic.

I like the Epiphone J200 (£280) - havent played it - but played a Tanglewood Electro-Acoustic (didn't get the model) that was to cost about the same and seemed great.

For that kind of budget are there any reccomendations? Preference is black/sunburst colours btw.
may contain sarcasm
My last guitar broke beyond repair so I'm buying a new one, my cap is 250 but I'm willing to spend a bit more, but my main problem is the way I play. I slap and tap the body a lot (think Miyavi, gomm, etc) but I want an electro acoustic, my last guitar was good but when I tapped or hit the body the sound wasn't as loud as I'd like it. So basically I want an electro acoustic that when the wood is hit it makes a nice loud sound, recommendations?
Ibanez makes some decent beginner guitars. The truth is, it's all about personal taste. If you like how it sounds, feel confident in that. When you're ready for a top notch recording level guitar, I'd recommend going with a Martin Dread nought series. Can get a great sounding one for about 5-$600.
Any opinions on the G320 of Takamine? I really like this guitar Do any of you have any experience with it?
Last edited by alextaks at Sep 11, 2012,
I recently bought a Garrison AGC-700CE, I had looked at more expensive guitars like Takamine and Yamaha but I just loved the sound amd action of the Garrison.
I have it over a month now and it stays in tune and it seems to me (amateur ear) that its getting better. I love it and am glad I got rather than the more expensive models.
Quote by stingamajig
I recently bought a Garrison AGC-700CE, I had looked at more expensive guitars like Takamine and Yamaha but I just loved the sound amd action of the Garrison.
I have it over a month now and it stays in tune and it seems to me (amateur ear) that its getting better. I love it and am glad I got rather than the more expensive models.
A guitar's action at the point of purchase may not be the best indicator of suitability, for a couple of reasons.

1: Many manufacturers ship with a high action on purpose. This provides an adjustment for the player to set it to his, or her, personal taste.

The downside of this, is that a high action can hide flaws with the fret work and top nut groove height.

2. Simply because the action is low is great but, it has to betaken in context with the height of the saddle in relation to the bridge.

In other words, if the plastic saddle is riding low in the bridge, but the action is low, that's great but, there is little potential for additional adjustment in the future, should it become necessary.

The neck angle is extremely critical in relation to the sound board. It affects the relationship of the string height, saddle height, and bridge height, which should all be taken into consideration, before making a purchase.

Other than that, which was a simple PSA, best of luck with your new guitar.

It's a funny world, that of the Asian guitar OEMs. Your guitar might have come from the same factory as many other more well known brands, and be just as well constructed.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 14, 2012,
Hello all At first - my english may not be perfect, sorry about it. I have to choose an acoustic guitar. I've already played ones, which I'm interested in, read many reviews and finally narrowed choice to following 3 models:

Takamine g340
Lag T66D
Fender CD - 60

They all sounds good enough for me but maybe there are some quality differences betwen them which I haven't noticed. I've been playing for many years but I haven't had many guitars in my life and my knowledge about gear is quite poor - that's why I need someone's help - could you tell me which one is "the best" and which one is the worst?
Last edited by orsonlol at Oct 28, 2012,
Cheers Thanks , I had the action adjusted and lowered slightly, I believe it suits me better as I don't lay professionally and just for my self. I appreciate your thoughts though
Quote by orsonlol
Hello all At first - my english may not be perfect, sorry about it. I have to choose an acoustic guitar. I've already played ones, which I'm interested in, read many reviews and finally narrowed choice to following 3 models:

Takamine g340
Lag T66D
Fender CD - 60

They all sounds good enough for me but maybe there are some quality differences betwen them which I haven't noticed. I've been playing for many years but I haven't had many guitars in my life and my knowledge about gear is quite poor - that's why I need someone's help - could you tell me which one is "the best" and which one is the worst?

I was looking at the Fender CD-60 too, maybe you should consider a Yamaha F-310 too. I still want to try them out at a music store. I heard Takamines are pretty good, but I have no experience.
You forgot Takamine. They offer several very decent instruments for well under $500, although they also have far more expensive ones as well. My main acoustic guitar is a steel string which my brother bought in 1980 or so, and gave to me some years later. It's at least 32 years old and has held up great. It sounds good and the action is lower than on many good electric models I've played. I think my brother paid around $350 USD for it; but despite the passage of 30 years it seems quite comparable to this current model for about the same money.

Quote by GC Shred Off
Tacoma through Yamaha

Brand Name: Tacoma

Tacoma's Website

Company Overview: Tacoma is a bit of an odd company. Up until a few years ago, they produced a broad range of incredibly fine guitars for every style. Shortly after their acquisition by Fender, the operation was all but stopped, save for two or three of the less interesting models. There are "plans" for a revival at some point, but no one knows when for sure. When they were in operation, all of their guitars were built by craftsmen, but remarkably, were quite affordable. They offered everything from travel guitars to baritones to acoustic basses. Each instrument was produced in Tacoma Washington.

Common Features: They use no laminates of any type (edit: But their Olympia offshoot brand does use some laminated backs and sides). Nearly all the wood for tops and sides is harvested locally. Beyond that, they supply too varied a range to generalize.

General Pros: They're real wood and they're well put together. Their more standard body shapes are absolutely unreal.

General Cons: The company has ceased operation, and even before they were incredibly difficult to get a hold of to try out. Beyond that, some of the more "creative" models are either loved or hated.

Other Info: I have one of these (the EK36-C). The top wood was from a 2000 year old cedar that fell into a swamp 600 years ago. That means my guitar top had been growing for 600 years when Jesus was born.

Brand Name: Taylor (Thanks to patticake!)

Taylor's Website

Company Overview: Taylor Guitars is located in El Cajon, California, near San Diego. The company was founded in the 1974 by Bob Taylor and Kurt Listug, who both run the company today, 35 years after they started. Bob Taylor and his guitars stand out because of their use of technologies like using CNC (computer numerically controlled) design and machines, and their bolt on necks. CNC machining makes the guitars very consistent, and is one of the things that stands out about Taylor guitars. Taylor focuses on acoustic and acoustic electric guitars, but they do make some electrics. Their guitars have an excellent reputation for quality, and the company is known for good customer service.

Common Features: Taylor makes a wide variety of guitars, but they are known for their bright sparkling highs, overall consistency,

General Pros: Good finishes, good build quality, smooth frets, each line sounds good in its class, good hardware, good to great sound depending on woods/line. Taylor offers a lot of all-solid interesting woods like koa, bubinga and Australian blackwood. Taylor Guitars is a "prestige" brand for those who care about that.

General Cons: Taylor's bright highs aren't for everyone. Some consider the brand too pricey. Their electronics, the "Taylor Expression System," don't include a tuner or controls on the guitar - a plus for some but a minus for those who want to control their sound from the guitars.

Other Info: Taylor does not offer an entry level guitar. Taylor Guitars is now doing repair and maintenance for other brands of guitars. They do custom guitars at a price lower than some hand builders, and offer factory tours, and also offer a quarterly online magazine, Wood and Steel, with articles about everything Taylor from new guitars to artists to guitar playing hints.

Brand Name: Yamaha

Yamaha's Website

Company Overview: Yamaha is a gigantic company. Wikipedia tells me that they have more than $4.5 billion in revenue overall. Fortunately, they figured out how to produce some pretty great and really cheap guitars with those billions. They're undoubtedly one of the most popular brands for new guitar players, and deservedly so. Their instruments are rock solid.

Common Features: Their relatively modest line has a nice enough range to suit most tastes. The inexpensiveness is the biggest feature.

General Pros: Practically free, they work like a charm, and they're accessible to anyone in the world. It doesn't get much better than that.

General Cons: They can be lackluster, but when you payed less than $200, who cares? Also, the "Silent Series" is the dumbest thing ever.

Other Info: Jorge Lorenzo rides for the Fiat-Yamaha team in Moto GP. He's my favorite. He also does shit like this.

...you bet your sack he landed it. Read on!
Last edited by Eel Fingers at Nov 8, 2012,
Quote by orsonlol

Takamine g340
Lag T66D
Fender CD - 60

Quite a lot of people look down upon Fender acoustics. That being said, I'm not one of them. I had a Fender CD-110E for 6 years before I got a crazy deal on a Seagull. The Fender actually sounded great, and was a tonne of fun to play. Despite the laminated top it still sounded rich and warm if you had the right strings on it and set it up properly. I thought about selling it after getting my new guitar, but I found myself incapable of doing so, and took down my add from craigslist. I keep it at my gf's house and play whenever I'm there. I would recommend a Fender acoustic any day of the week, but don't take my word for it. Maybe I got lucky.

I tried low-mid end Takamine's before going with the Fender, and they sounded pretty decent as well. Had more sustain than the Fender but didn't sound as good to MY ears. I had also heard about the low end Takamine's having poor necks that would warp and bend. But that could have been nothing more than folklore.

Lastly, Lag, I've never heard of lol I can't help you there.

So, if you absolutely have to buy one of those three guitars, obviously I'd sway in favor of the Fender. But that would just make me biased.
Play them all as much as you can before deciding, there's no rush.

If you're still undecided about what guitar to get, I can make a suggestion. Buy Used. From what I see, your budget is around $250 (I'm going by Canadian/U.S. currency). I know with the F#$@%^@ taxes here in Quebec that's close to 300. With 300 you can find something like a secondhand Seagull S6 or an Alvarez or anything. Just make sure the guitar is in good shape obviously.

Hope this helps! If you have questions just ask, my friend
Hi guys -

I recently starting playing guitar ~2-3 months ago and have been messing around with a cheap acoustic / classical. Upon hearing how I picked up guitar, a family member have gave me a Yamaha cg171sf that was laying around his house. From what I could tell its a flamenco guitar, and that's basically it.

Would this be a good guitar for a beginner? From what I can tell flamenco's are a little different from a classical, but how much do they really differ? What the quality of this guitar? Any input would be appreciated. Here's a link to said guitar:

[forbidden link]

Thanks!
Quote by turk1
Hi guys -

I recently starting playing guitar ~2-3 months ago and have been messing around with a cheap acoustic / classical. Upon hearing how I picked up guitar, a family member have gave me a Yamaha cg171sf that was laying around his house. From what I could tell its a flamenco guitar, and that's basically it.

Would this be a good guitar for a beginner? From what I can tell flamenco's are a little different from a classical, but how much do they really differ? What the quality of this guitar? Any input would be appreciated. Here's a link to said guitar:

[forbidden link]

Thanks!

There's not a lot of difference between a classical and flamenco guitar. The action on a flamenco is generally lower and the back and sides are often made from cypress or sycamore rather than rosewood or mahogany, which means a slightly treblier, crisper tone. They also often have pickguards, or golpeadors, installed - though judging by Google Images, if this particular one has one, then it is clear.

The lower action is the biggest difference; it can make it easer to play fast passages quickly (as in, amazingly, flamenco), but can sometimes mean fret buzz. It varies from guitar to guitar - try this out and see what you think.

Not really a lot of difference though. A flamenco is really just a particular specification of classical guitar.

That particular model seems to get good rep as a reliable starter guitar, and you can't really go wrong with Yamaha. You may find that the lower action helps you play and progress quickly; on the other hand, you might find it difficult going back to reglar classical or a steel-string. Play around with it and see what you think though - every guitar is different, particularly with acoustics.

And now for my own question:

It might seem weird to ask a question on the back of giving advice, but that's the way it is. I'm looking for as good an acoustic as I can possibly get for -£350. I'm kind of new to actually buying the things and wading through models and stuff though, and unfortunately due to my location it's very difficult to try anything before I buy. So - I'm calling on your help.

(BTW, if you think I should make a thread for this, I will)

I'd like a nice balanced tone, versitality and easy playability. I'm happy to buy used, but new would be easier. I'll happily use eBay or whatever if it offers much better value.

So far, I've been looking at Seagull (Entourage Rustic, S6 Slim - I'd prefer the slimmer neck), Simon and Patrick (whatever I can find cheap) and Alvarez (AD60, RD17, etc.). I'm well aware that there are heaps of other brands out there worth paying attention too though - like the ones at the start of this thread.

What do you guys think? Any specific model and brand recommendations?

Also, spruce or cedar top? I understand that a lot of people prefer the tone of cedar, but spruce seems to have a reputation for loudness and durability, which I would appreciate (I plan to mostly use a pick, if that makes any difference). For that matter, how much should I worry about the woods used for the back and sides?

Sorry for all the noob questions - if you'd rather just point me to a resource I've missed, then that's fine.

Cheers.

Edit: I've just realised that all the guitars I've mentioned are dreadnoughts. I'm not necessarily set on that; for some reason I just mentioned a whole lot of dreadnoughts. I'm perfectly open to other shapes. In fact, that's another question I'd like to ask: what kind of difference does the body shape make to the sound? For instance, what kind of difference is there between the Alvarez AD60 and AF60?
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Dec 5, 2012,
The Seagull S6 is a quality guitar. Good sound, well built, reasonably priced.

You also mention Simon & Patricks- my take on them is you need to consider all of Godin's acoustic brands. Besides those 2, there are also Art & Luthierie, Norman and LaPatrie.

You mention durability as one of your concerns. Among other guitars, I have owned an Ovation since about 1988, and not only do I think it sounds good, it has weathered every mishap I've been through with it with nary an issue.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The Seagull S6 is a quality guitar. Good sound, well built, reasonably priced.

You also mention Simon & Patricks- my take on them is you need to consider all of Godin's acoustic brands. Besides those 2, there are also Art & Luthierie, Norman and LaPatrie.

You mention durability as one of your concerns. Among other guitars, I have owned an Ovation since about 1988, and not only do I think it sounds good, it has weathered every mishap I've been through with it with nary an issue.

Thanks. Yeah, I've been looking at Norman and A&L - ATM it's a case of popping those names into eBay and seeing what crops up. Aren't La Patrie solely classical? I don't see any steel-strings on their website, anyway.

I thought about Ovation too, but from what I know and have heard I would struggle to get as good an unplugged sound as a regular acoustic at this price point. That's why I haven't bothered looking at electros - at this price point, I'd rather spend my money on unplugged tone than pickups and stuff.

Saw a really good offer earlier actually for a like-new Norman fitted with a Fishman pickup. My search may be close to an end.

Edit: Just bought a nice Simon & Patrick SP6 on the cheap on eBay. Yay for me.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Last edited by NeutralFan at Dec 9, 2012,
hey guys! i'm new here! i'm using a taylor 114e guitar and has been using it a lot for stage playing and some home recording with mic condenser. im thinking to buy a high end guitar for stage pluged guitar and a good guitar for recording with condenser mic, iwas thinking buying a martin gpcpa aura+ which have the fishman f1 aura+ pickup, but im also thinking buying a martin guitar that has no electric like the m36, d 35, or j40 and then install the a l.r bags anthem pickup, which do you guys prefer?

please help me out! i use a lot for strumming and a little bit of finger-style and i also like to play in the tune DADGAD on rare occasional
I'm an intermediate guitar player who's looking for a decent acoustic guitar that will last me a while for under $300. If it goes over though, that's fine. I'm also looking for it to have an inbuilt tuner if possible, I'm not sure if that's limited to acoustic/electrics though so please correct me if I'm wrong. If it doesn't have one though, once again that's fine too.

I'm not too experienced when it comes to guitar shopping having only ever owned one guitar but from what I've read brands such as Gibson, Ibanez, Martin, Fender, Yamaha, Epiphone etc. make good guitars so I'd prefer it to be from a reputable brand.

I was told to look on Gumtree for second hand guitars and in my research I've found a few guitars that look decent; what would you recommend?

Ibanez PF60-SCE

Takamine Acoustic D Series

Fender Malibu

Yamaha FG 700MS

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by JaidynM at Dec 17, 2012,
Quote by JaidynM
I'm an intermediate guitar player who's looking for a decent acoustic guitar that will last me a while for under $300. If it goes over though, that's fine. I'm also looking for it to have an inbuilt tuner if possible, I'm not sure if that's limited to acoustic/electrics though so please correct me if I'm wrong. If it doesn't have one though, once again that's fine too.

I'm not too experienced when it comes to guitar shopping having only ever owned one guitar but from what I've read brands such as Gibson, Ibanez, Martin, Fender, Yamaha, Epiphone etc. make good guitars so I'd prefer it to be from a reputable brand.

I was told to look on Gumtree for second hand guitars and in my research I've found a few guitars that look decent; what would you recommend?

Ibanez PF60-SCE

Takamine Acoustic D Series

Fender Malibu

Yamaha FG 700MS

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry, don't have time to give you a detailed reply. I'd seriously recommend checking out the Godin brands though (Seagull, S&P, A&L, Norman, etc.). Recently got a Simon and Patrick SP6 through eBay for £150. Absolutely love it.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by NeutralFan
Sorry, don't have time to give you a detailed reply. I'd seriously recommend checking out the Godin brands though (Seagull, S&P, A&L, Norman, etc.). Recently got a Simon and Patrick SP6 through eBay for £150. Absolutely love it.

I'll echo that- I still haven't seen a bad Godin product, and sometimes, its difficult to tell the low-end and high-end Godin acoustics apart just looking at their build quality...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I HIGHLY recommend buying the Fender T-Bucket 300 Ce, Acoustic-Electric guitar. It has great sound, and the price is perfect for intermediate or beginner players. It has a great look as well, an I have had a phenomenal time playing on this beloved instrument. The price range is around 300$, and you get very good sound for the money. Good luck to all beginners on finding your perfect guitar!
Does anyone have any input on Luna Guitars?

More specifically, what say you about the Luna Henna Oasis, both the Spruce and Cedar models?

Will the wood make a difference in the guitar's sound, feel, and life( how long will it last)?

Thank you everyone, I hope your day is kickass!
Hi all -

To answer a question above, La Patrie is only classical. It used to be that Seagull was the Steel String Brand, and La Patrie the Nylon String Brand, and they were owned by the same parent company. I think LaPatrie was sold and is now part of Godin, so they are now separate companies. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Either way, I have been happy with their guitars for the price.

I had a student with a Luna guitar, and I was not impressed at all. It needed a lot of work right out of the box, and the sound was poor, on top of being difficult to play. I got the impression they spent more on developing their marketing and the look of the guitar than its playability or sound.

However, because all individual pieces of wood have their own tonal characteristics, you can get a wide variation of quality in production guitars, even on the same model. Since I've only see one Luna, I wouldn't take my comments to mean that they are all that way.

I think that is what makes Larivee and Yamaha and Seagull great companies - they have managed to get a relatively good amount of consistency, so you know what you are going to get. You might find a really impressive Luna, if they are less consistent.

You should follow the advice of many others here and actually go play the specific guitar in question. That should give you a better answer. Definitely don't buy online without having heard or played the instrument. But yeah, the spruce and cedar materials will give you quite different sounds. The spruce will likely have a more clear, projecting, and focused sound. The cedar will likely have a more mellow, overtone rich, and full sound. The woods won't affect the feel of the instrument, or the life.

If you take care of any well-built guitar, clean it, humidify it, maintain it and make repairs, etc - you should get 50 years out of it. I can' make any recommendations on a Luna, because I am unsure of their quality.

Hope that helps!
I think LaPatrie was sold and is now part of Godin...

Godin makes guitars under its own brand, plus Richmond, Seagull, Art & Lutherie, Norman, Simon & Patrick, and La Patrie.

can anyone help me pick a guitar... below are the ones i thinking.. please help...

Takamine EG530
Takamine EG320
Takamine EG330
Takamine EG340
Fender CD 100
Fender CD 140
Last edited by maitraab at Mar 17, 2013,
Hey there.
I've been playing some heavy stuff in a band back in the day, but now it's all over and my LTD doesn't attract me anymore, awaiting for a buyer.
That's why I decided to buy an acoustic guitar so I can have an instrument to help myself feel depressed during rainy days or delighted during sunny ones.
I'd like it to have 6 metal strings, preferably body with a cutaway and with no electronics.
My budget is about 500$, but local shops around here usually sell guitars for slightly more money than in, for example, the USA's GuitarCenter.

The ones I considered suitable for me are:
Norman B18 CW / Simon&Patrick CW (I had luck playing the first one and fell in love with its sound)
Yamaha FG700S/FG720S/FG730S (there's no cutaway on these guitars, but the reviews on the web say that these are the perfect choices for the cash I've got)
Fender CD140S (I just tried it in the shop and it seemed it was a decent instrument)

I'd appreciate any advice which one to choose. Thank you in advance, fellow UGers.
I am planning to buy a new guitar?
At present i own an acoustic hobmer archtop guitar like the one in here (14809 Hobmer archtop guitar (used, age unknown) - Vintage Fret Shop). But i have heard that such guitars are preferred for jazz style of music. I am confused between fender sa-100, takamine s35, yamaha f310, and granada prs-1. I am even thinking of buying an acoustic-electric. Please clear my confusion. My budget is 5000-6000 indian rupees
Iam new here. I will be geting an acoustic only thing do I need a guitar with a wide neck
Joined this forum tonight because I have rekindled my love for music, and wish to buy a guitar again. However, as I will be leaving for college, it only makes sense to purchase an acoustic or acoustic/electric. As far as acoustic electric guitars go, what brands offer models that are suitable to learn to play on, while producing a rich, balanced sound with an attractive appearance? Also, what kinds of amps should I be looking into? If you have an answer and are reallllly feeling helpful you could PM me. Thank you!
What is the best brand for acoustic guitars? I am looking for the best brand since it promises good quality and handling. My folks told me to buy electric guitar. I don't have any idea on what to buy.. I am enrolling into guitar lessons online through learnguitarchords.net. So, I need your opinion on this please?
Allen Jackson
Chicago, Illinois
Artist
http://
I have a KAY K-520 and a K. Suzuki 9507 acoustic guitar both I believe are Gibson mockingbird replicas and I think both were built between 1960 and 1980 could any one help with dates, prices and info pleas or put me in touch with someone who can
this is from ur friendly naborhood POTHEAD