Is your guitar already routed for a Floyd Rose?

Edit: If you buy a Floyd Rose, it will probably come with a locking nut. But before you buy, make sure the one you buy is the same size as the one you're replacing.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by Lespauljames
ahh okay, would it not be okay to keep my old nut, and just replace the trem system, a lot of guitars i see have holes all the way thru the neck for a floyd rose, mine dosent.

Well, the Floyd you buy will just come with a new nut, but you don't have to install it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The size/style of the nut is determined by the width of the fretboard, not the bridge it uses. You'll be able to use your current nut on the new OFR if you get it. Replacing the nut may require extra routing to allocate a proper mounting surface or adding shims underneath it to give the correct height.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by Lespauljames
yeah i ahve seen some fo the different sizes, R3, R4, im unsure what size would be suitiable, i would rather install the nutt, but im not goign to go drilling any holes, so i may leave the old one on there for now, and maybe, when can afford it, get a tch to do it

If you need to know then take off the current locking nut. On the bottom of the locking nut it should have whatever R# you need to buy to replace it.