I finally decided to put some new strings in my TOM STB guitar (i had it sit for 1 week with no strings)

When i plugged it in, and turned the tone knob to 10, and the volume knob to 5, i noticed that my guitar wasnt producing any sound :S, so i tryed to turn the knob to 10, and i could hear a little sound, while i had distortion on, but with alot of noise
I thought it was a soldering problem, so i opened the guts of my guitar... everything normal
I accidentaly touched one of my tuning pegs, and i noticed that when i tough it, the noise stops, and if i stop touching it, it comes back o_o

Anyone know whats going on? If it helps, i recently changed the pickups, their EMGs with quick connectors
Maybe th e EMGs are out of batteries?
Does your amp work with other guitars?
Maybe its the jack?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Baraga
I finally decided to put some new strings in my TOM STB guitar (i had it sit for 1 week with no strings)

When i plugged it in, and turned the tone knob to 10, and the volume knob to 5, i noticed that my guitar wasnt producing any sound :S, so i tryed to turn the knob to 10, and i could hear a little sound, while i had distortion on, but with alot of noise
I thought it was a soldering problem, so i opened the guts of my guitar... everything normal
I accidentaly touched one of my tuning pegs, and i noticed that when i tough it, the noise stops, and if i stop touching it, it comes back o_o

Anyone know whats going on? If it helps, i recently changed the pickups, their EMGs with quick connectors

Change the battery on the EMGs, see if that helps.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's obviously a conection problem. Others will know but maybe it's a ground problem. Are they active pickups?
is it actually wired for emg's?
right pots and stuff?
normal pots cant handle them,( in some way, thats not a comment about how amazinf they are either)

try the batteries,
does the guitar work in passive mode?
( put the jack half in)
if so, try swapping the 3 pin connectiors around( upside down) if not, you need a stero Input hole thing
Change the batteries. If that doesn't work, check your wires. Are any of them loose? If so, get out the soldering iron, dig out the old wiring diagram (or find one online), and get to work.
If you're getting the noise to stop by touching the tuning pegs (metal), it's a grounding issue. Check the ground wires and re-solder the connections if necessary.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
active pickups SUCK xD so make sure you have fresh batteries and if you have the right wiring and circuit, you probably had to replace knobs, other DUMB thing, change your cables, try with another guitar and another cables, maybe it's the amp, you gotta try with everything..
First make sure you cable is OK and your amp if they check out. Pick ups just don't die. Check the wiring for bad connections, bad ground or broken wires. If that all looks good check any toggle switches and then the pots. It's usually just one small thing that's screwing it up.

John
Hey John, thanks for the advice

I checked the amp with one of my other guitars, and the amp is good
Ill go check the connections right now
open up the back, make sure all wires are connected.

thats what i did and it fixed my problem.
ALRIGHT, i just noticed that one of the cable which was suposed to be soldered, YES, suposed to... its not soldered :|
What am i going to do now? I have no experience in soldering, and i also dont have the equipment needed
Quote by Baraga
ALRIGHT, i just noticed that one of the cable which was suposed to be soldered, YES, suposed to... its not soldered :|
What am i going to do now? I have no experience in soldering, and i also dont have the equipment needed

buy a $15 soldering iron kit, and follow the directions on heating it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
buy a $15 soldering iron kit, and follow the directions on heating it.

Ill just bring it to my guitar shop and theyll solder it in less than 5 mins and for less than 15$
Take it to a shop this time, but as a word of advice, learn how to solder. It's a VERY important skill to learn.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Take it to a shop this time, but as a word of advice, learn how to solder. It's a VERY important skill to learn.

Yes it's very important and it's easy too. Every guitarist should learn to solder. It can save you alot of cash and time.
Quote by Baraga
I think all my connections are good, at least the quick connect ones are...

Take it to a guitar tech.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.