I understand that you can't use sequences in cantus firmi.

Exactly how strict is this? I have this;

Is the second bar simply not acceptable?

Another question; must at least 3 leaps be used? Is 2 just not enough?

Anyways, if anybody wants to contribute other Cantus Firmi or counterpoint lines that would be super rad.

If you have no idea what I'm on about, look here.
Call me Batman.
The only fault I see is that the penultimate note is not the supertonic (2nd scale degree).
Quote by MusicThinker
It probably depends on which musicologist you ask.

Ah, okay. I'm trying to follow this in the strictest way I can really.

The only fault I see is that the penultimate note is not the supertonic (2nd scale degree).

I never noticed that was necessary. So I would have to re-write the entire bar. Damn.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
I never noticed that was necessary. So I would have to re-write the entire bar. Damn.

Yeah I've done some reading on that site as well, if it can be taken at face value, here is the quote:

2. The cantus firmus begins and ends on the tonic of the key or the final of the mode. The penultimate note should be the note a step above the tonic or final (the second tonal or modal degree).

If I were you, I would ask someone who is actually knowledgeable in species counterpoint to confirm this, because that site has no sources or anything and could be completely off base, and I am only telling you this off of what I've read from that site.
You're right, this is why I posted this; to try and find some people who know what they're doing with counterpoint.
Call me Batman.
I actually do know quite a bit about counterpoint. different people had different rules at different points in time. One source may say what you have is fine, while another may not.