so i have a epiphone sg special nothing much a beginner guitar i had and i decided to rebuild it to make it bttr. so im looking at parts and id like sum ppls opinions on what r the best parts to get.(pick ups, bridge, tail piece, knows ect) i wud very appreciate if u guys cud give me ur opinions. i play metal, and rock so i need sumthing good for those.
im a bassist but drop some humbuckers in that, i hear EMGs are good
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
try out different guitars with differenct specs
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
if u have the time and money you could fit a floyd rose trem, but be prepared for a bit of routing. On the other hand, you could buy a Stetsbar trem, and they'll fit without any extra routing; not sure about their quality though. You'll want 2 buy some locking tuners, the brand is up to you. When it comes to pickups, you'll want either some active EMG's or passive seymour duncans. If you're really looking 2 turn it around, even add some push/pull tone knobs.
No. You cannot fit a Floyd in a standard SG. The body is too thin. If you want a trem, you need to get a surface mounted kind. Such as a Bigsby,or Stetsbar.

Anyway, since it is a cheap guitar, buy stuff from GuitarFetish. They are cheap, and most of their stuff would be an upgrade from what comes with that guitar.
^ +1, guitarfetish is good for cheap decent stuff.

you don't want emg's unless you want to route room for a battery box/have room in your control cavity. they aren't very versatile anyways.

look at guitarfetish's humbuckers, they have quite a few you can choose from. as well as hardware, you'll probably want to get a new bridge, locking tuners, straplocks, and they also have simple active pre amps you can wire into your guitar, and for a low price.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Don't buy EMGs. I'm just hazarding a guess, but I'm pretty sure you're not playing out of any mesa rectifier just yet. EMGs will shine for high end metal amps, but with a small practice amp they aren't your best choice.

Maybe some Dimarzios or Seymour Duncans will be a better choice. A seymour duncan invader in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF pro might be good in the neck, although no idea what they'll sound like together.

Get any hardware you like as long as they're not super cheap Japanese stuff. Schallers, grovers, etc etc. I wouldn't bother with tremolos, too much hassle and money. Maybe a bigsby if you like them but they're not really for metal anyway - although they could add some good variation to some rock stuff.

Refinishes are fun. Well, not fun. But they'll look cool . You could try sanding it down and doing a nice olympic white or something would be cool. What ever you like in guitars. Maybe even have a go at a burst if you like.

You could try a graphtec nut. If you're into kill switches you could have a go at one of them. They're pretty simple IIRC.

Also - Check your spelling and use atleast basic grammar. Paragraphs are definitely your friend. These tips will get you alot further in these forums, trust me.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Also - Check your spelling and use atleast basic grammar. Paragraphs are definitely your friend. These tips will get you alot further in these forums, trust me.

+1
Quote by GymboJones
No. You cannot fit a Floyd in a standard SG. The body is too thin. If you want a trem, you need to get a surface mounted kind. Such as a Bigsby,or Stetsbar.

Anyway, since it is a cheap guitar, buy stuff from GuitarFetish. They are cheap, and most of their stuff would be an upgrade from what comes with that guitar.

You can mount a floyd on an SG, you just have to either remove the neck and set it differently, or mount the floyd higher up (so it's the height the tuneomatic would've been)
You may also need a short trem block so it doesnt go past the bottom of the body.

That said, it really isn't worth it. A good floyd will run you more than an epi SG special