Hey guys I have a question. I don't have a guitar or amp yet, but I would like to point of having volume on the guitar and volume on the amp. What is the point? Do they sound different? If you turn the volume on the guitar up, but keep the amp volume low, will it sound the same as if you keep the guitar volume down and turn the amp volume up? Thanks.
they sound different, plus having one on your guitar means you can change it on the fly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With some guitars, unless you do a capacitor modification to the guitar's volume control, you also lose treble as you turn down the volume. But having a volume control separate from the amp does help (either on the guitar or as a separate pedal), especially with volume differences between leads and rhythm playing, or if you want your amp to "break up," you can roll back the guitar volume and it will play clean. This is especially helpful for guys who like light overdrive or grit rather than full-on distortion.
Hi, I'm Peter
The guitar volume control isn't as much of a volume control as it is a gain knob, unless you turn it way down. In between about 10-4 just lowers the gain and not really the volume.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
guitar volume lowers pickup out put
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
guitar volume lowers pickup out put

+1. Its lowers the signal volume going to the amp, thus lower the gain as weel where as a master volume control lowers the volume going to the power amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
put your amp volume low and your guitar volume high and then do the opposite...notice the difference
Quote by EVH92
The guitar volume control isn't as much of a volume control as it is a gain knob, unless you turn it way down. In between about 10-4 just lowers the gain and not really the volume.

how is that different from an amp volume knob?

also, that'll only happen depending on how your amp is set up. if the amp is set up with a clean tone, that's not going to happen.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?