Hey guys. I bought an ISP Deci a while back, and it's been doing wonders for me. But recently, I've been practicing at high-volumes in attempts to make sure what I'm playing is relatively clean when I play with distortion. Anyways, the Deci worked awesome when I played quietly, but now that I'm playing at a high volume, it isn't really doin' it's trick as much.

If I turn the nob more than what I have it at now (I think around 10 o'clock), it neuters my guitar's pinch harmonics, sustain and all-around sound. Obviously it's a problem inbetween playing notes, ie rests, but it's a problem on playing notes themselves without pausing now as well.

Anything I can do? I'm beginning to play with my friends, guitarist and drummer, and I need to be loud to be audible over the drums, so I'd like to know if I'm just screwed.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
... Halp?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Where did you place the pedal? If its in front of the amp place it in the effects loop. If this is the G-string model make sure you have it hooked up right.
WTLTL 2011
I put in the effects loop and it makes it 100% useless, needs to be in front of the amp...
Any other suggestions?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
In order for the decimator to kill all the noise it would have to be the last thing in your signal chain. If your amp is noisy and the decimator is before the amp then its not going to be able to suppress everything. You may have to live with a little bit of buzz once you start turning up the volume on your amp, even with the pedal.
Sig What?
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
I put in the effects loop and it makes it 100% useless, needs to be in front of the amp...
Any other suggestions?

This isn't right, should work fine in the loop. Try turning down the volume on the preamp and turn it up on the poweramp.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
This isn't right, should work fine in the loop. Try turning down the volume on the preamp and turn it up on the poweramp.
No, the pedal is useless for stopping feedback in the loop if the JSX. All it does is stop amp noise like hum and buzz.

I didn't like the Decimator with my JSX. I recommend using A Boss NS-2 in the X-pattern. It works much better with this amp. I keep my Decimator for use with my HT-5 now.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Nov 21, 2009,
I'm sorry, X-Pattern? I had an NS2, didn't really like it.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Yeah, if you want to get rid of both types of noise you need to either get a NS2 and hook it up in the X-Pattern:

or use an ISP G-String to stop amp hum/noise (effects loop) and feedback from the guitar (end of the pedalchain)

What I do is for really high gain I put my ISP at the end of my chain and I use the noise reduction in my G-Major 2 (which is in the loop) to get rid of the amp hum/hiss/noise.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Things like better quality/shorter length cables will help a lot when it comes to feedback.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Nov 21, 2009,
Yeah, thanks a mill, man... But what IS an "X Pattern"?

Never mind, on my iPod, that pic didn't open at first.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Last edited by Mr_CiNiC at Nov 21, 2009,
Just posted a picture above.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Same thing happens to me at band practice in our tiny room, I have to turn it up far enough that it cuts a bit of sustain off.
Doesn't bug me too much though cause at shows I don't have to turn it up nearly as high.
The best thing you could do is buy another decimator and throw it in the loop, guaranteed you'll be 100% quiet at any volume/gain level.

But for now I guess just try to stay as far away from your amp as possible and never face the speakers.

EDIT: you could try turning the gain down even half a notch if you can and I'm sure it'll help slightly.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Last edited by Faux~Affliction at Nov 21, 2009,
Alright, thanks, dude, I'll do that. Have a good one.

\m/
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Yeah, I tried turning my gain down. Was at 8, at 6 now. And get ANOTHER Decimator...? XD
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Yeah, I tried turning my gain down. Was at 8, at 6 now. And get ANOTHER Decimator...? XD
You had the gain set to 8 on your JSX!?!?
Having the gain at 5 on that amp is like having it at 10 on most other amps. So having its at 8 thats like having it at 13 (which isn't possible) on another amp. WAAAAY too much gain!
I have my ultra channel gain at 5, so if you reduced it to 6 that should be fine for playing all sorts of modern Brootalz!.

Also, what else is in your signal chain?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Nov 21, 2009,