Well I tried out the Vox AC4TV8 at my guitarcenter and decided to get one, but I was wondering if the AC4TV10 was better? There aren't any localy to try out, so I need your opinions.
AC4TV10 is better because it have 10" speaker so it have more bass response
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by getmad24_7
Well I tried out the Vox AC4TV8 at my guitarcenter and decided to get one, but I was wondering if the AC4TV10 was better? There aren't any localy to try out, so I need your opinions.

The only differences are speaker size and selectable wattage. Having not tried the TV8 I can't give much of an opinion on it personally.

The TV8 will be marginally quieter than the TV10 as it goes down to 1/10 watt rather than 1/4. Personally I prefer a larger speaker rather than the 8" in the TV8. Both versions are very alike so it's up to you to choose between the wattage and speaker sizes.
Quote by aaronni
The only differences are speaker size and selectable wattage. Having not tried the TV8 I can't give much of an opinion on it personally.

The TV8 will be marginally quieter than the TV10 as it goes down to 1/10 watt rather than 1/4. Personally I prefer a larger speaker rather than the 8" in the TV8. Both versions are very alike so it's up to you to choose between the wattage and speaker sizes.

Well I'd prefer lower wattage, but does the speaker size have a very noticeable impact on the tone?
I like the sound of the 10" better, the 8" is too shrill for my taste. I'd splurge and get the 10" model.

Edit: I should, for the sake of credibility and in case it isn't clear, point out that I have played both.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Last edited by Hesh_09 at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by getmad24_7
Well I'd prefer lower wattage, but does the speaker size have a very noticeable impact on the tone?

As said it does have better bass response. I'm sorry I want to help but I can't comment on the tone, I'm only really speculating as I haven't played the TV8.

Quote by Darkflame
^i'm going to troll this threaed because i want to know too
i'm hesitating between the ac4tv8, tv10 and ac15, what turns me off with the 15 is the price, since it's going to be a practice amp mainly

If it's only a practice amp you'd probably be better off with a smaller amp. Personally I wouldn't want a 15 watt valve amp for home or want to pay that much for something to use at home. But everyone's different so it's up to you. I will say I think the AC4 is great for the price and a great little practice amp.
The 10 is probably the one to get. The 1/4 watt setting and the 1/10 are both pretty quiet, so I don't think you'd really run into a situation where you'd use the 1/10 but the 1/4 would be too loud. The 1/10 starts to cut into the tone quite a lot, not that the 1/4 doesn't but it's still quite usable on the 1/4 whereas the 1/10 doesn't sound so good on some settings.

The 10 sounds quite a bit better with the bigger speaker, and you can find some very nice 10" replacement speakers if you decide to upgrade later on.

Both are quite nice amps, I just think you might as well get the 10 if you're not going to play exclusively in the 1/10 watt setting on the 8.
hands down i would say go for the 10. colin pretty much said what i was going to, but when i played both side by side the 10 sounded fuller. heck, id rather get the head and stick it into a 2x12, but at that point weve stopped aiming for a cheap and easy solution for a good amp.