Can someone tell me the difference between modern country and southern rock? I'm not seeing much difference, now old country is a different story I can see it being alot different but to me this new so called country is just southern rock. does anyone else think they sound the same? If they are different in any way besides the vocal's please school me.
Last edited by Captain Capo at Nov 20, 2009,
I'm no genius on either but I suspect the southern rock genre is predominately rock coming from the southern states whereas modern country is a not a geographical-specific genre? I think it's a faux-genre much like Grunge is specifically related to Seattle during 1990s but no more.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Southern Rock had balls Toby Keith and Big and Rich does not

AND to get on country radio you HAVE to be coming out of Nashville and play their shitastic game like getting suits to write you really corny songs

Southern Rock also has soul it's an real honest music it's not a homogenized formula made to appeal to any demographic it's just music because ya love music
Last edited by fattypumbaa at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by fattypumbaa
Southern Rock had balls Toby Keith and Big and Rich does not

AND to get on country radio you HAVE to be coming out of Nashville and play their shitastic game like getting suits to write you really corny songs

Southern Rock also has soul it's an real honest music it's not a homogenized formula made to appeal to any demographic it's just music because ya love music

Lol ya Toby Keith sucks, I live in Oklahoma and people here love him for some ****ing reason that I cannot comprehend, but anyway Southern Rock besides vocal's still seem to sound real close to modern country which really is the only reason I've started to take interest in country
Quote by Captain Capo
Lol ya Toby Keith sucks, I live in Oklahoma and people here love him for some ****ing reason that I cannot comprehend, but anyway Southern Rock besides vocal's still seem to sound real close to modern country which really is the only reason I've started to take interest in country

what do you mean by "modern country"?
Quote by Captain Capo
Can someone tell me the difference between modern country and southern rock? I'm not seeing much difference, now old country is a different story I can see it being alot different but to me this new so called country is just southern rock. does anyone else think they sound the same? If they are different in any way besides the vocal's please school me.

modern country is just bubble gum pop music.

southern rock is like charlie daniels, lynryd skynryd type stuff, think 1970s

that said both are horrible compared to traditional country music in my mind.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Last edited by schecter30 at Nov 24, 2009,
go see charlie in concert and then try and call him horrible again. Charlie daniels is a better musician than hendrix and lennon combined anyday.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
Quote by Surfside
go see charlie in concert and then try and call him horrible again. Charlie daniels is a better musician than hendrix and lennon combined anyday.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site hands down. What in god's name makes you say that?
southern rock had a blues influence, very little pop influence, generally used a typical blues-rock line-up rather than a country / folk line-up (assuming there are more modern country artists who utilize the banjo and fiddle than just taylor swift) etc etc.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by pistols
southern rock had a blues influence, very little pop influence, generally used a typical blues-rock line-up rather than a country / folk line-up (assuming there are more modern country artists who utilize the banjo and fiddle than just taylor swift) etc etc.

Yes Taylor Swift is the only "country" musician who uses a fiddle.... haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBgLGlN36Y
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun