I'm not sure not having taken the course myself. However, I would advise taking a look at some of Freepower's videos which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreepowerUG#p/a

The posture video and the finger independence video especially will be good for you.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Aleksi at Nov 20, 2009,
well there are tons of free lessons out there like on youtube not to mention ur on UG.com which has a ton of tabs so learn to read tabs and learn other stuff like fingerpicking and form from lesson videos on youtube.

thats what i did but also make sure u have a friend or two who plays the guitar incase u need hands on help.
Quote by Im_boring
So i wanna play guitar but can't afford lessons but i found this website. Do you guys think It's possible to learn from this ?

http://justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

Beginners course is very good. This is THE best free place to start if you learnin guitar from scratch imo. You'll be suprised at how quickly you'll pick stuff up. This is where I started. Enjoy
It's a great place to start. Also check out Freepower's vids on YouTube, and check out some of the lessons here on UG.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
If you meet anyone on here that has been self taught and used stuff online, you will probably find quite a number who have learned from Justin. I'm one of them.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
I learned rom UG. Just practice the ol' 1,2,3,4 thing and you'll be ine. There's one lesson where it gets you to hammer on and pull o repeatedly. I highly recommend doing that, I used to do that alot and it really helped my speed.

(my keyboard is messed up)
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Another one to take a look at is www.cyberfret.com. That's where I started. It's not too great as far as theory goes, but it has some good tips for techniques.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Totally justinguitar is a greatplace to start, but dont only use that as you advance look for as many possible places as you can, JUST DONT TAKE EVERYTHING FOR GRANTED! as some sites offer terrible, dangerous, advice