There are two guitars I'm wanting. One is the '72 Tele Deluxe. The other is the Sheraton II. Now, I know the Sheraton is cheaper than the Tele but I'm more concerned about which would would better suit me. I'm really torn at the moment.

My style of guitar is Alternative Rock/Punk - Similar to Nirvana, Manic Street Preachers, Pixies, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. Which one of the two would I be better off playing in regards to my style?
It's not about which guitar you're the best fitted for: it's about the one fitter for you.

so try them both out, which one seems the nicest ?

personally i'd go with the fender.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
did you pick them up yet?

you might not like the feel of either of them.

as for tone, you'll need to look at your amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
did you pick them up yet?

you might not like the feel of either of them.

very true. i was dead set on a '72 Deluxe until i picked one up and saw how heavy and bulky it was. still a great guitar, but it wasn't for me. all preference i guess.

anyway, out of those two i'd say the '72 Deluxe would be a better fit. but definitely try to check them out. i don't think the hum a P90 would give you (especially in a semi-hollow with any amount of distortion) would be very entertaining for very long. the '72 can definitely be versatile.

the only problem with them is swapping out pickups might be difficult. the chrome pickups in the '72 are a lot bigger than normal humbuckers. you could still fit a humbucker in with a small gap OR swap the chrome covers onto a new set of pickups, but i'm just letting you know it might be a bit of a pain.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i actually Bought a 72 tele, but returned it. it was just not comfortable.

i ended up finding a schecter pt fastback. i found it was better balanced and more versatile tonally.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011