So we all know about those sweeeeeet Bassman amps that were designed for bassguitars.

Now I wonder, isnt there any tube bass amps that will sound good when you use a guitar instead of a bass?

Ive seen alot of tube bass amps that go for less $$ then a few low-end tube guitar amps.

So, would it produce some nice tones, or would I just cry beacuse it sounds like shit or will the universe colapse and bring back the dinosaurs?
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
Probably won't sound that good, but it won't hurt guitar or amp. If you get lucky you might find a sweet sounding one, just make sure you try it first
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
This is the video that inspired me abit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqZspx3ebzI
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
I dont know why these threads of guitar with bass amp and bass with guitar amp keep popping in, guitar amps were made for guitars so stick with them.

/thread.
i sometimes run my guitar on my bass amp, sound really good on clean, a bit less on distorsion.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by blackborrego
I dont know why these threads of guitar with bass amp and bass with guitar amp keep popping in, guitar amps were made for guitars so stick with them.

/thread.

Tell that to the people that started experiment with the Bassman amps dude.
Quote by ljohn
Because I can't afford both a decent quality bass and guitar amp, I run my guitars through a bass amp too.

It depends on your equipment really, i've heard some people try it and it sound terrible, i kind of like it because I really enjoy low-end; with my MXR 10-band eq I also get some better sounds.

It isn't a tube amp though, so I really don't know what to tell you about that.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
It wont sound bad no. I run a bass amp and guitar amp in stereo.

Bass amps just tend to not have an onboard distortion like a guitar amp will, so you would need a preamp or pedals. And tone controls many times are set up different. My bass amp has active controls vs the subtractive controls typical of guitar amps, but Ive grown to like active controls. Dont see alot of bass amps with onboard reverb either.
fender bassman! best example!

go for it, but to get a decent tone the TUBEZZZZZ is a must
\ THREAD