Hey everyone I need some help, I have a couple guitars I use regularly but don't do what I want them to do, and I don't see having to use a million different guitars as practical. So here's what I'm looking at; I have a Squire Bullet Special and I love the feel of it, but not so much the hardware, sound, and the body being plywood. Being my first guitar I'm keen on keeping it all original but it's light, plays well and I could play it for a 3-4 hour set. I also have a Squire Tele Custom which I like the clean sound but it's extremely heavy and hard to use through a whole gig. My thoughts would be to flip out the humbuckers for ones that would do nice cleans but handle distorted tones nicely without getting muddy or bridal.

So should f mod these guitars? If so what humbuckers would you suggest for the Tele, and what would you suggest for the Bullet (preferably noiseless singles or rails). Or should I just buy a new guitar? (Either custom built, Ibanez RG or Jackson Dinky)

Money isn't my main concern as long as it stays under a grand and I play a lot of alternative stuff, classic rock, punk, ska, and a bit of metal as well. I need a guitar that will basically be as versatile as possible.
Quote by guitardict
Hey everyone I need some help, I have a couple guitars I use regularly but don't do what I want them to do, and I don't see having to use a million different guitars as practical.
6 or 7 is ok. 10 is a bit much. A million is, quite obviously, not only impractical, but financially and physically impossible (unless you are playing over a million songs in a set...). It's ok to have a lot of guitars - you'd be surprised at how many different guitars famous guitarists use in one set - and it's also useful to have them at different tunings.
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Nov 20, 2009,
I actualy found 2 Jacksons that I really liked thier both Dinkys one with duncans and a maple fretboard, the other with emg hz's and a rosewood fretboard, both cost the same, feel the same and have the same licensed floyde rose. However it's under budget so I could still do some mods. I use a Peavey Vypyr Valve 120 mostly on the JSX setting.