Page 1 of 3
I'm thinking of making huge sleep oriented playlists with a lot of soft music/ambient stuff, just to see if it'll have any effects on my (already messed up) dreams.

The hell with it, I might toss some tech death just for fun.

Anyone ever try something like this? To what kind of music? What were the results? What kind of music would you recommend sleeping to in order to induce crazy dreams?
Not me, but once my friend had a dream where he was getting laid by some hot chick.

He was listening to 'More Than A Feeling' by Boston.
The Butterfly Effect - Landslide.

Do it.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
i turn my radio on and go to sleep, the only thing i have trouble sleeping to is hardcore stuff
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by chaoticfables
Not me, but once my friend had a dream where he was getting laid by some hot chick.

He was listening to 'More Than A Feeling' by Boston.

Epic.

I sometimes go to sleep with Simon & Garfunkel or Leonard Cohen on. I then quite often get nostalgic dreams. Dunno if there's correlation.
...marmalade is my jam.
I usually feel really good in the morning when falling asleep to post-rock.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Zero 7!
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
anything chillwave usually sets the mood right. see: washed out, neon indian, memory tapes, teengirl fantasy, etc.

i mean, it's pretty much the idea behind the genre to begin with.
I nearly always listen to death metal or black metal when falling asleep. Usually tech/brutal death though like Ulcerate. Often Anaal Nathrakh or Deathspell Omega as well. I usually don't dream.

Last night I listened to Veil Of Maya though (pretty much angsty teen metalcore but way more technical) and I had a typical angsty teenage dream about a girl and stuff.

Prolly just coincidence. I dunno.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I listen to 2 metallica songs before I sleep. The local radio station always plays 2 at 10pm.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by jetfuel495
I'm thinking of listening to this song looped tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jsRZzjrgI

Soooooo epic.

I recently discovered that I have psychic powers. And I know for a fact that you're going to make a thread in this very forum tomorrow, just as you wake up, about how your bed looks like Albert Einstein.

On the topic, I always sleep with music on. Just poppy stuff, ranging from the sort of calm synth-pop in the vein of LIGHTS to the more classical pop in the vein of, say, Paloma Faith. It calms me when I try to sleep, and keeps my thoughts from wandering way too far

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Listen to some slightly stoopid, there amazing
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I don't listen to music in my sleep.. I listen to moaning women I'm with.

Then I wake up.... THEN listen to music. =)
Tool - Faaip de Oiad
Tool - Viginti Tres

They always help me relax.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
I put the radio onto FBi at night and that puts me to sleep nice and easy. I woke up one night and they were playing some really weird piece of music - it freaked me out and I had to turn it off.

edit: on Tuesday nights, The Racket, which is a metal show, is on Triple J. I get weird dreams when I listen to that while I sleep, so I only listen when I'm awake.
Last edited by kenan6346 at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by Its So Easy
I listen to 2 metallica songs before I sleep. The local radio station always plays 2 at 10pm.

ahahahah

you go to bed at 10

I loop Kalmah
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by MushroomBomb
I recently discovered that I have psychic powers. And I know for a fact that you're going to make a thread in this very forum tomorrow, just as you wake up, about how your bed looks like Albert Einstein.

On the topic, I always sleep with music on. Just poppy stuff, ranging from the sort of calm synth-pop in the vein of LIGHTS to the more classical pop in the vein of, say, Paloma Faith. It calms me when I try to sleep, and keeps my thoughts from wandering way too far

Kinda off topic but i once fell asleep next to my GF and she woke me up because i was making noises.

i was dreaming of spreading Vegemite on toast.

It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by metalmanjosip
Kinda off topic but i once fell asleep next to my GF and she woke me up because i was making noises.

by any chance do you come from a land down under?
where beer flows and men chunder?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
by any chance do you come from a land down under?
where beer flows and men chunder?

Yes
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

that is all.

I use Linux
I once fell asleep while listening to one of my own songs on loop, and dreamed I was raped by shemale aliens

So I don't recommend that.

Erm...Check out this group called Elend, I accidentally fell asleep while listening to them and I had a pretty epic dream. I can't remember what it was but I remember waking up and thinking, woah, that was epic. And I mean epic like oldschool epic, not internet ololololo epicz!!11!""!!'.

Another thing I tried is going to sleep with like, a 30 minute track of binaural beats (I'm sure you know what they are). I dreamed I was a treeman. That was amazing. I could sling rocks and shit.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I slept with Sunn O))) playing for about 10 hours. Scary shit, it's hard to differentiate between the song and noises from people outside the window.
Quote by metalmanjosip

That's an awfully square dream

Who am I to talk? I usually dream about the day that I just had - talk about boring.

Quote by MedicreDemon
I slept with Sunn O))) playing for about 10 hours. Scary shit, it's hard to differentiate between the song and noises from people outside the window.

I used to have a playlist wake me up that was supposedly on "random," but for some reason it always played "Tales of Brave ulysses" by Cream. Subsequently, after a while that song stopped waking me up, and started just finding it's way into my dreams. Shit got weird fast.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by entity0009
I once fell asleep while listening to one of my own songs on loop, and dreamed I was raped by shemale aliens

So I don't recommend that.

Sig'd
Interviewer: What types of super-powers would you want if you could have them?

The Rev: I’d like to be invisible so I could kill Johnny
Johnny: I’d want to be invisible so the Rev couldn’t find me

ARANEA
My Band
Quote by kenan6346
That's an awfully square dream

I was really hungry.

she only had noodles

that is all.

I use Linux
Whenever I do, I just listen to songs I would listen to normally. They all sound so different when you're not really doing anything and everything else is dead silent.
just play some behemoth/mayhem/immortal/emperor/ect

stuff like dat
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I usually fall asleep to the search bar, it really relaxes me.

Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Classic FM play some fucked up stuff at night, probably mess you up real good.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I always listen to music when I sleep, I have a huge playlist of mellow, slow songs. So far no effects on dreams, but that's not why I do it, I just like to be listening to something
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
as long as you have a good set of around ear headphones and turned up bass

makes any song a good song to sleep to

but on another note
Blind Melons first CD, anything from Pink Floyd, Mars Volta, Bigelf...
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I've spent the last week falling asleep to Dark Side of the Moon, side 2.

It's pretty damn epic.
Page 1 of 3