I'm looking to buy a new half stack recently. Right now i have a Crate and it's shit. I'm just looking into different brands right now and needed some advice for which direction to go. The brands i've been looking at; Mesa; Diezel; Bugera; or Marshall. I'm leaning toward Mesa just because the ones I've played i really liked. But the other brands I named have been pretty good too. I have basically no budget at all. All help would be appreciated!
Oh and by the way I play everything. And i mean EVERYTHING. From Led Zeppelin to Pantera To Rush Alice In Chains Mastodon Kings of Leon David Bowie. everything.
ENGL,Peavey,TiTan
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
theres not many amps that can do all that without some pedals or mfx
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by ibanez11
Oh and by the way I play everything. And i mean EVERYTHING. From Led Zeppelin to Pantera To Rush Alice In Chains Mastodon Kings of Leon David Bowie. everything.

Rock and Metal is not everything. The bands listed would all be relatively simple to get with one amp. Only Pantera can't be achieved with a Marshall or Marshall based amp. Look into a CAE OD-100 or 50, any of your standard fare modded Marshalls (Bray, Friedman, Caswell, Cameron, Fortin, etc.), Soldano, Bogner and the like. Pretty much any good master volume Marshall circuit plus a boost for the more br00t4l stuff will do you good. I'd probably get a Friedman 'kitchen sink' modded JCM800 or his custom built Marsha and a Tubescreamer or clone of it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ibanez11

Thats not everything, it's just rock and metal. If you said that you play jazz, blues, country, rock/metal, shoegaze, classical and world music, well then it would be difficult but a nice Marshall with a boost could nail just about all of those.

If you really did have wider tastes and a large budget then i would suggest a Mesa Boogie Mark V but in this case a Marshall would be more appropriate.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
If you have basically no budget, you might as well go for a mesa or an ENGL, can't really go wrong with either
Defender of the Llama
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
If you have basically no budget, you might as well go for a mesa or an ENGL, can't really go wrong with either

Yes, he can if he wants tones similar to the bands he listed. Every single one uses a Marshall or Marshall based amp except Pantera. The voicing on every ENGL I've played wouldn't be right and most Mesas won't be right either. The only ones I can think of that would work would be the Road King II, the Stiletto series II and the new Electra Dyne.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The Stilettos are Mesa's only real answer to a British call.

And yeah, like Matt said, the only real answer here is a Brit-voiced, higher gain amp and a nice OD. Pretty much every band the TS listed aside from Pantera, the occasional Rush, and Alice in Chains use amps that are Brit voiced. And I even think AiC used JCMs at one point.

MXR's GT-OD is nice, as is the Rothwell Hellbender.

Also look into the Jetter Jet Stage Red and Gold, Maxon OD-808/OD-9, Ibanez TS9/9X/8/808, BBE Green Screamer, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
The Stilettos are Mesa's only real answer to a British call.

And yeah, like Matt said, the only real answer here is a Brit-voiced, higher gain amp and a nice OD. Pretty much every band the TS listed aside from Pantera, the occasional Rush, and Alice in Chains use amps that are Brit voiced. And I even think AiC used JCMs at one point.

MXR's GT-OD is nice, as is the Rothwell Hellbender.

Also look into the Jetter Jet Stage Red and Gold, Maxon OD-808/OD-9, Ibanez TS9/9X/8/808, BBE Green Screamer, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive...

AiC used JCM800s on the first album and Bogner modded JCMs, a Bogner Triple Giant, Fish, Ecstasy or Shiva on everything after that. So less highs and more lower mid emphasis than the typical Marshall but it can be done with some work and an EQ.

You might want to try e-mailing Dave Friedman and David Bray about what they can cook up for you. Both are great at what they do and will work with you until the sound is right. Brays tend to be simpler mods that go for a more classic Marshall tone though. Dave Friedman could probably do a Marsha or modded JCM with switchable classic Marshall voicing and a more Bogner type voicing. Bogner might even do it for you if you can get him interested in it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT