"If you own any shares in alternative energy companies I should start dumping them NOW. The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig) has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (aka Hadley CRU) and released 61 megabites of confidential files onto the internet. (Hat tip: Watts Up With That)

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realize just why the boffins at Hadley CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organized resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more."

here

Edit: BBC

Wall Street Journal

What do you guys think?
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Last edited by RocknRollRay at Nov 20, 2009,
Yeah this got out not too long ago. Should change things more regarding scientific-public relationships for sure. As for scientific fact, I'm not too surprised, but there will still be a strong global warming movement, even if this does land them a blow.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by RockNRollRay
The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig)
What the hell is that?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I suppose what I'm asking is: Is Anthropogenic Global Warming different than the general theory of global warming, or is this link intended to be evidence that global warming doesn't exist?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I suppose what I'm asking is: Is Anthropogenic Global Warming different than the general theory of global warming, or is this link intended to be evidence that global warming doesn't exist?

I think Antropogenic Global Warming is the theory that humans are directly, or for the majority, the cause of global warming.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

^ It is.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Finally! Now I can stop hearing about this theory being talked about as if it's fact.

I wonder if this will stop congress from spending more money on climate change policy. Heh, who am I kidding?
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Finally! Now I can stop hearing about this theory being talked about as if it's fact.
I don't think you understand what a theory is in a scientific context
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/lawtheory.htm
and for the record it won't change a thing to the science of climate change
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2009/11/the-cru-hack/
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Why is your OP in quotation marks? who said it originally?

I don't believe it based on the way you said it.
Quote by Aaron0612
Thread should end here.

Amen to that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why is your OP in quotation marks? who said it originally?

I don't believe it based on the way you said it.

James Delingpole apparently

He calls himself ''a writer, journalist and broadcaster who is right about everything. He is the author of numerous fantastically entertaining books including Welcome To Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future And It Doesn't Work, How To Be Right, and the Coward series of WWII adventure novels.''

Sounds so legit...
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?