So, today, I noticed that my mom got this CD of lullaby versions of Beach Boys songs for her preschool class. This reminded me of this one Radiohead lullaby CD. I decided to investigate. They're made by the same people! So, I went to their site, and I was sort of shocked at the ones they've done. Metallica, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Zeppelin, the Cure, Nirvana, Pixies, Green Day, and some obvious ones, like Coldplay, Eagles, and the Beatles.

I decide to go to iTunes and listen to the previews they have of all their albums. Surprisingly, some of them are really good!

Thoughts, guys?

Here's their website: http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com
Yeah ive heard of it before. It seems like a weird idea, but some of them are actually pretty good.
Quote by jeremessmore
Anyone else find it odd that they covered Mr Brownstone? Seriously a lullaby about heroin? Eh awesome

They did "No Surprises," which, even though it sounds like a lullaby, is about suicide. They also did "One" by Metallica, "Closer," "Hurt," and other songs that aren't necessarily appropriate for kids. They're all instrumental, though, so it doesn't really matter.
I have some of them on my computer. Namely, Radiohead, Green Day and Metallica.

They're quite good. I can honestly say that their version of Karma Police is on terms with the original.
My mom said the Beach Boys one wasn't that good. They have a strange obsession with the glockenspiel, but I love their use of the mellotron.
Quote by Holy Katana
My mom said the Beach Boys one wasn't that good. They have a strange obsession with the glockenspiel, but I love their use of the mellotron.

I haven't heard the Beach Boys one, and I still have no idea what a mellotron is, but I know Matt Bellamy used one on Hate This and I'll Love You.
Quote by Holy Katana
They did "No Surprises," which, even though it sounds like a lullaby, is about suicide. They also did "One" by Metallica, "Closer," "Hurt," and other songs that aren't necessarily appropriate for kids. They're all instrumental, though, so it doesn't really matter.

Very true. I really liked the Tool album.
It's like an analog sampler. You press the keys, and there's tape with samples of various instruments on it. Just about every old prog-rock band from the '70s used one.
the smashing pumpkins one is pretty trippy!
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
Yeah. This is insanely old, but pretty good indeed. I liked the Smashing Pumpkins and Metallica tracks.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09