I'm having trouble playing chords that have 3 fingers on the same fret such as the A chord
|--0--|
|--2--|
|--2--|
|--2--|
|--0--|
|--x--|

Whenever I play chords like this its like I cant seem to get all of my fingers to fit and still play able to play all of the strings without muting them. Is there something i'm missing?
play it with your

Middle finger on the D string
Pointer finger on the G string
and ring finger on the B string

Also, remember to keep your fingers curved and only have your fingertips on the strings.
thanks mashedpotatoes i'll try that out

NemX162- How do you barre without also fretting the high E string?
just bend the last segment of your finger so you cover only the 3 fretted strings.
If I was playing that, I'd do ring finger on the B string, middle on G, and index finger on D.
Quote by NemX162
Check out barring.

That's quite difficult to barre. It's much easier to just try to fit the 3 fingers on there.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
On the subject of barres, I have a stupid question which doesn't deserve its own thread. When I put my "bar" down, during barre chords, I don't really use the side of my finger. My finger is tilted extremely slightly (like 10 degrees?) I've always seen/heard people saying that you should use the blade of the finger. Is this going to cause me problems, or should I just carry on if I get a clear sound from it?

Sorry4hijack.
Quote by kaneorsomething
On the subject of barres, I have a stupid question which doesn't deserve its own thread. When I put my "bar" down, during barre chords, I don't really use the side of my finger. My finger is tilted extremely slightly (like 10 degrees?) I've always seen/heard people saying that you should use the blade of the finger. Is this going to cause me problems, or should I just carry on if I get a clear sound from it?

Sorry4hijack.

If you get a clear sound, keep going. My finger doesn't tilt at all