Alright, I have a Epiphone Black beauty (factory pick-ups), Line 6 Spider III 120w, Livewire advantage cable, and Dean Markley Blue Steels. I get a kind of bad sound out of my amp presets, i don't know what it is though. Does anybody know what could be the cause of this?
Well... i want to say your trolling but i cant tell if your serious or not...
Inb4 trolls:
People will probably say that its a Spyder so its crap
It may not be the best amp, but the presets do suck... try tweaking them or just play around and spend some time to make your own
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
Well done, you've finally come to the realization that your amp is a piece of shit. Don't worry, i had a Spider once too though.

Sell it, add some money, go tube and have a sweet, sweet eargasm.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Yeah, I know its pretty much my amp, and I knew I would get alot of shit for it lol. I'm lookin to get a tube amp. Maybe a Peavy. Any recommendations? (not too expensive)
Quote by nickdohle
Well... i want to say your trolling but i cant tell if your serious or not...

definately not trolling..
Quote by Jreed08013
Yeah, I know its pretty much my amp, and I knew I would get alot of shit for it lol. I'm lookin to get a tube amp. Maybe a Peavy. Any recommendations? (not too expensive)

What kind of music do you play (be specific and try to use bands)?
What's your budget?
New or used, or either one?
Are you gigging?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
What kind of music do you play (be specific and try to use bands)?
What's your budget?
New or used, or either one?
Are you gigging?

I play mostly metal(+sub-genres), Metallica, Trivium, As I lay Dying, All that Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. But I also occasionally play acoustic.
My budget is probably as high as about $1,000.
Im not gigging, but it needs to be able to over power acoustic drums. Thank you
Maybe have a look at the new Jet City Amps
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jreed08013
I play mostly metal(+sub-genres), Metallica, Trivium, As I lay Dying, All that Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. But I also occasionally play acoustic.

Used Peavey 6505(+)/5150 comes to mind.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Jreed08013

A used Peavey 6505+/5150 is indeed a good choice for metal tones. However, these amps have pretty bad clean sounds, so take that into consideration.

A used Carvin V3 or Peavey Triple XXX would be more versatile and have much better clean sounds, but would sound smoother and less aggressive in a high gain situation, if that's what you're looking for.

Some rarer amps to find that would give you great tones used are the Genz Benz El Diablo and the Ampeg VH-140.

Look into the Line 6 Vetta used if you want a really versatile, really good modelling amp.

And if you want to go new, look into Bugera Amps. The 6262/6260 or the 333/333XL are good metal amps, which happen to be Peavey clones. The 626* series is like a 6505 but with better cleans, and the 333 series is like a Triple XXX. However, there is some debate as to the reliability of Bugera amps, hence the low price tag.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30