Ive been wondering how much a custom B.C. Rich V like this would cost:

This is actually one of Pat O'Brien's (Cannibal Corpse)custom guitars. This would be my ideal guitar, Black with the red bevels. The only differences would be Id want a 25.5 scale (i believe this one might be a baritone), an EMG 81 at the Bridge and an EMG 85 at the neck. The reason why I ask is because I cant find an order form for a bc rich custom so i figured id ask you guys's opinions?
First off, your picture doesn't work,

Secondly,
Well... I don't really have anything else to say, except...
BC Rich kicks ass!
Makes me in debt lots of moneys!

EDIT: Oh what the ****!
The TS fixes picture right in the middle of me typing!
..I was watching my death.
that's a ran custom. so about 3k

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
really? I believe this picture works...

oh and no I believe this is a B.C. Rich custom, that R is thier signature "hand crafted" symbol. Pat O'Brien does have a Ran however, but its camo and different logo. Ive actually talked to him in person about his guitars before to confirm this
Id say, if you wanted it made by BC Rich, like $4000, because they can. Check out some less famous brands like Halo, they make badass guitars for a much cheaper price, and the quality is probably just as good, if not better than bc rich's
Quote by SPBY
that's a ran custom. so about 3k

No it's not. It's a BC Rich.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by metal-matt
http://www.bcrich.com/v_jr_nt.asp

step 1, buy one ^
step 2, repaint
step 3, change pickups
step 4 ???
step 5 profit!!!

I have actually thought about doing that, but I wasnt too sure how to get it painted, and is the body suitable for active pickups? (I wasnt sure if the body had to be thicker or not). And how much would that all cost together?
Quote by Templar0220
I have actually thought about doing that, but I wasnt too sure how to get it painted, and is the body suitable for active pickups? (I wasnt sure if the body had to be thicker or not). And how much would that all cost together?

The body would be fine. As far as I know, the only guitars with issues stemming from the body specs when changing pickups are Parkers.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by Templar0220

Nope, just have to have enough room for the battery, or batteries if you want the 18 volt mod. You'll probably have enough room in the panel for atleast one.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

there is painting threads around the GB&C, look in the central hub.
the body is suitible for active pickups, any body is.
im not to sure about costs, you should look for the pricing in your country, at shops near you!.

Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I also see that it has a "Licensed" Floyd Rose Tremolo, is there a difference between a licensed and an original floyd rose other than the name? Do they both have the same quality? Sorry, im actually a tremolo noob 3 years and ive only had string thrus lol
Quote by Templar0220
I also see that it has a "Licensed" Floyd Rose Tremolo, is there a difference between a licensed and an original floyd rose other than the name? Do they both have the same quality? Sorry, im actually a tremolo noob 3 years and ive only had string thrus lol

Orignals are of higher quality and are more expensive. Mostly has to do with tuning stability, I really don't think anythings wrong with using LFRs though.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Quote by no.mop
No it's not. It's a BC Rich.

crap you're right, i'm an idiot

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Steve-Mo
Orignals are of higher quality and are more expensive. Mostly has to do with tuning stability, I really don't think anythings wrong with using LFRs though.

well im someone who would be utalizing the tremolo bar A LOT, in solo's, jamming, etc. Would it be worth me purchasing an original and getting that installed? Or should the LFR work just fine with heavy use?
Quote by Templar0220
well im someone who would be utalizing the tremolo bar A LOT, in solo's, jamming, etc. Would it be worth me purchasing an original and getting that installed? Or should the LFR work just fine with heavy use?

I'd try it out and see what you think, really. I've only owned Jackson LFRs, so I can't compare, but I almost never have to retune, and if I do its just a little adjustment to my G string. This only happens when I'm just practicing tricks too.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Quote by necroscience13

thats another one I had also been orignally looking at painting, but there is A LOT more that would have to be refinished on it; knobs, inlays, etc. The WHOLE thing would have to be redone :/. But dont get me wrong, it is a better guitar, but i think the solid black Jr V would be much easier to customize.
another thing I would like to know is will painting this guitar affect its tone at all? I have a friend that said he can easily sand down and paint the bevels on the guitar Red, but what I want to know is if there is anything i need to watch for to make sure the guitar doesn't get poor tone for some reason. Ive read that if you do something wrong with paint or something the tone quality comes out poor. Any info would be great thanks!
OFR=Original Floyd Rose, Made by Floyd Rose. (Expensive)
LFR=Licensed Floyd Rose, made by any other company, which has the permission of Floyd Rose to reproduce their product. (Cheap)

There's a definitive answer to your question. Didn't see a complete answer in my skim through the thread.

There is also Kahler Trems, which I have heard them to be similar to a Floyd Rose, except less routing required.

I don't know where you're getting the part wher paint can affect tone quality, unless you were to paint the pups, which I hope to god that everyone has the common sense to not do that.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Templar0220

ALOT cheaper then getting the custom...even if u got a luthier to do the painting and set up the gear
hmm ok... The only other thing that urks me is that the input jack is on the bottom wing yeah I know im a picky bastard :p but that does get in the way. Can that me set up to be on the top instead?

In fact over all, would it be cheaper to buy the black NT Jr and get it all customized manually or should I get the Deluxe Jr. V and get it refinished? (Id have to go to someone since theres a LOT more that has to be painted) Which would be easier?
Quote by Templar0220

All of the BC Rich NT Jr. V's have OFRs, not Licensed.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
All of the BC Rich NT Jr. V's have OFRs, not Licensed.

yeah i read that on the website, but on musiciansfriend it says its licensed?
also just real quick while I have the chance, what kind of paint is that? Like what kind of paint is on the guitar already? What kind of red is the one in the picture I posted? And would it be possible to just sand down the bevel part where I want the red and just apply the red there no problem? Sorry for asking a lot of questions but I do want my investments to be wise
i'd totaly re-paint. dont bother just painting stripes on top.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
i'd totaly re-paint. dont bother just painting stripes on top.

now why is that?

oh and how much would a total repaint for what I want generally cost?
Last edited by Templar0220 at Nov 22, 2009,
The cost of getting everything redone on the NT would probably be about equal to the price of getting one of those made by a local luthier.

Talk to someone in your local store and see if they can put you in touch with a builder nearby. Should set you back at the very most, half of the cost of the BC Rich
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.