This upcoming hoilday retail tradition is quite notorious for people being trampled and killed over great deals on anything from laptops to game systems. But this is the Bass Forum and here we will talk of bass and its various accessories of which you desire.

This Upcoming Friday I have my Eyes set on a Fender Rumble 100 2x10.

Post your selection if you have one and if not critique everyone's choices. Or maybe even share your own Black Friday story.
Well, as a Canadian Black Friday doesn't exist, however I will say this: rethink your purchase of the Fender Rumble. They are awful amps that you'll be wanting to replace within mere months of your purchase.
my plans: sleeping till noon

but if I were going to take advantage of the "savings" I might have to get myself a shiny new Peavey 5 string I've been wanting for a while...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Well, as a Canadian Black Friday doesn't exist, however I will say this: rethink your purchase of the Fender Rumble. They are awful amps that you'll be wanting to replace within mere months of your purchase.

I've had my fender rumble for over a year now and I have no complaints. Don't listen to this guy, they're not even "awful amps"
Fender rumbles sound meh; I agree with Bales. Construction OK, sound meh.

Black Friday? If I buy anything, it will be for other people...
Black Friday?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Black Friday is a term for the Friday after Thanksgiving in the United States.
It's a day for retailers to get a lot of sales, and great deals on almost everything.

It's basically a day where there are a lot of "sales" in like every store in America.
Lots of stores open early (5am) and a lot of people arrive early (4am)/
I live in Britain. Can another brit tell me if this tradition exists here? And I dunno, I'll probably get a pedal or something. Looking at an EHX Metal Muff.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I live in Britain. Can another brit tell me if this tradition exists here? And I dunno, I'll probably get a pedal or something. Looking at an EHX Metal Muff.

Boxing day and January sales are like our equivelant to Black Friday really. christmas sales aswell kinda..think guitarguitar has a christmas sale on not sure not been in their store for a few weeks.Nor their website in about 3 weeks :O
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I'd get a new amp if we had black friday...

To be fair though, stupid people killed some old man, working as a walmart greeter. You're almost better t avoid it. someone's life > a good deal.
Avoid Fender Rumbles, there are much better amps out there. I'm pretty much sorted for bass gear at the moment so the next thing on my shopping list is an alto sax
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Zephyr-Chills
This upcoming hoilday retail tradition is quite notorious for people being trampled and killed over great deals on anything from laptops to game systems. But this is the Bass Forum and here we will talk of bass and its various accessories of which you desire.

This Upcoming Friday I have my Eyes set on a Fender Rumble 100 2x10.

Post your selection if you have one and if not critique everyone's choices. Or maybe even share your own Black Friday story.

you could pick up a laney or an ashdown in those price regions and they would be much better tonally and construction wise, the only fender amp i would bother with is the bassman but i think its a little overpriced in a lot of ways comared to some gear you get in its range.The only thing that draws people is the fact its Fender.

I would keep an eye out for Ashdowns,Laney's,Orange,Peavey's in the same region as they are much much better amps imo.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by skater dan0
Avoid Fender Rumbles, there are much better amps out there. I'm pretty much sorted for bass gear at the moment so the next thing on my shopping list is an alto sax

You would choose the worst sax available.
Even worse then soprano? I'm not sure about that... but this thread isn't about saxophones.

No plans to shop. Lessons, bills and food are more important than buying gear.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
You would choose the worst sax available.

my apologies bales but they are supposedly the easiest to learn on and they are most definitely the cheapest. Maybe once I'm at least a bit proficient I'll look into something in the tenor or baritone range
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by aguacateojos
Even worse then soprano? I'm not sure about that... but this thread isn't about saxophones.

No plans to shop. Lessons, bills and food are more important than buying gear.

I have to agree, soprano saxes sound like whiney women with a nasal issue. No offense to soprano sax players.

Back to the thread, I tend to avoid black friday if possible. I do most of my Christmas shopping either at small local shops or internet, so going out into the fray to the bigger "box" stores has absolutely no appeal.
I bet we can just stay up till 3:00am and check all the online music sites and find deals nearly as awesome as in any brick and mortar store. I got some really great electronics deals on amazon last year and didn't have to put up with any of the black friday mess.

I only have a few very specific things I want right now like the line 6 fm-4, so those probably won't come up for sale. If I find an amazing deal on a decent 4*10 that doesn't way more than 65lbs, I'll probably pick it up.
A yamaha YTR 8335, plated silver, i want i want i want.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Put on a tin foil hat and hide in the basement for most of the day. Then cut my arm lightly and make shirt bloody all over, go to a local mall with a shopping cart filled with bags of fertilizer and run at full speed through crowds yelling "2012 is coming, We only got two years til' our doooooooom!!!"
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by rafa7008
I'm going to the US for the next week, you guys think I can find a deal on a schecter bass in a guitar center?

yes, I discovered a pile of 400 dollar Schecter elites -_- brand new for sale the other day.

that was off sale.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
yes, I discovered a pile of 400 dollar Schecter elites -_- brand new for sale the other day.

that was off sale.

Beautiful
I will be selling TV's for 14 straight hours. Depending on how well this year is, I think I'm going to get some SCN's for my Jazz-doing-whole-thing-over and maybe track down an acoustic.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Nov 22, 2009,