Ok so basically I bought this acoustic at an antique fair today. It was $35 bucks, talked this lady down to $25 for this little classical nylon strong acoustic. Pretty solid overall. It's a Trump? Haha haven't had the chance to really look into that yet.

So here's the scoop...

I've attached a file of the problem. So whoever owned this guitar before me did that. And it's glued on like that. Real genius.

Ok so I've never done anything like this before but the cracked basically lines up so what I'm think about doing is pealing off the right side and just re-glueing it so it aligns and the strings sit normally. Any reason why I shouldn't really attempt to do that?
Attachments:
1120092334a.jpg
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
I mean it's already glued on there. That's pretty much a fact. Why would I have to add a steel reinforced nut? Seems like a piece that people probably change out a lot kind of like swapping out different types of bridges and stuff.
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2
That was a joke. Sorry.

Anyway if it doesn't hold up, then get a new nut. No biggie.
Just get a new one mate, they're no more than 5 bucks and take less than an hour to shape. Having a broken nut like that could really mess with the sound and intonation of the guitar.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Hm yeah I guess I could just rip that whole thing off. I'm going to take it over to a guitar shop today and see what they say, and if they have any nuts that'll work I'll go for that. Cool guys thanks!
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2