I go to school at a pretty urban-esque school. So, I'm obliged to be around a bunch of black people. When I first went in as a freshman, I was generally a colorblind person. Now though, my view has changed quite a bit. After so long of noticing their mannerisms I've started to wonder why so much black people are so violent, loud and just overall unpleasant. Every other group of Black peoples main topic of conversation is either some act of retarted violence like fighting, talk of recreational drugs, or some other generally low topic. They also seem to be significantly more violent and antagonizing than other races, for example they seem to argue and threaten physical violence when it comes to trivial stuff, that others would just ignore.

I'm by no means dissing all black people, because I have quite a few good black friends. But, I was wondering, what The Pit's opinions on the mannerisms of black people are.
Last edited by Faded Grey at Nov 21, 2009,
This isn't going to end well.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
You can pin this down to the fact that other cultures have so integrated this stereotype into the system that the racial group it is directed at now believes it themselves and subconsciously follows it...

or you can say "screw it, there are assholes and there are nice guys in this world" and leave it at that.

It's easier to do the second, because you won't be considered a psychobabble-bullshit spewer, you'll make more friends, and it's the right one to pick anyway.
Let the racism, commence!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Ah, you're not noticing the black people as much as a majority of most male teenagers, sir.

Don't generalize unless you look at the whole spectrum...or the whole shade scale or whatever it is. Point is, you've noticed an obvious thing that doesn't occur with JUST black people. So why point them out?
If I were you, I would rephrase that so that you're talking about a certain culture instead of an entire race. I know what you're talking about, and I'm aware it's dominated by black people, but other races participate in that culture as well (for some reason) and the way your post is now you're just going to get called a racist.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Can't tell if troll...

Hmm.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

It's not the 'black people' that you don't like. It's the culture which many of them (sadly) embrace. There are plenty of kids of other races that try to fit in with the culture and they are just as ignorant and irritating.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by raincoffin
You can pin this down to the fact that other cultures have so integrated this stereotype into the system that the racial group it is directed at now believes it themselves and subconsciously follows it...

or you can say "screw it, there are assholes and there are nice guys in this world" and leave it at that.

It's easier to do the second, because you won't be considered a psychobabble-bullshit spewer, you'll make more friends, and it's the right one to pick anyway.

I honestly still try the latter. I have some good black friends. It's just that: the race as a majority seems to be animalistic, and less civilized than other races. I was wondering about that though, could a race really succumb to a negative stereotype set to follow, with out wanting to in the first place. I honestly don't think so.
Quote by Faded Grey
I honestly still try the latter. I have some good black friends. It's just that: the race as a majority seems to be animalistic, and less civilized than other races.

No. No, no, no, no, no.

You're not looking at the population as a whole. You're looking at an extremely biased sample set. The black people you interact with are all in high school and young, so they're easily influenced by things like peer pressure, the media, etc. You can by no means make a generalized statement based on the tiny portion of the population your interact with.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
There are negative and unpleasant traits to those of all different demographics - some more than others. Dark-skinned people I come across are mostly proper and even better-behaved than some whites. It's the demographic, and area you're in. Surely there are schools with a majority of obnoxious white kids.

Oh wait. That's pretty much every school.
Quote by Faded Grey
I honestly still try the latter. I have some good black friends. It's just that: the race as a majority seems to be animalistic, and less civilized than other races. I was wondering about that though, could a race really succumb to a negative stereotype set to follow, with out wanting to in the first place. I honestly don't think so.

Oh jeez...
Check out my band Disturbed
This will not end well. Especially when you are calling them "animalistic, and less civilized than other races."