What's up UG. Just bought my first guitar last week but i been borrowing a small amp from my friend. I am planning on getting an amp next friday and was wondering if anybody can recommend me a good amp in the 150-250 range.

Also when i try to take the input cable out the guitar it seems like i need too much force to take it out. it dont seem normal. should i get it looked at before the warranty ends?
This should be in the Guitar Gear & Accessories thread, but you're new and it's two in the morning so we won't sacrifice you this time.

To better help you; what kind of music/bands do you like? And I'm assuming you are just going to be practicing with it and maby jamming with your fried, correct?

Also, ask your friend to check out the input jack as he should know how it should feel. It normally requires a stiff tug to get the cable out of the jack but nothing excessive.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 21, 2009,
no its normal. and its actually a good thing for the cable to be a tight fit.

What kind of music do you want to play and are you willing to go used? then Ug will recomend you an amp we are gear *****s.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by laferiajaime
What's up UG. Just bought my first guitar last week but i been borrowing a small amp from my friend. I am planning on getting an amp next friday and was wondering if anybody can recommend me a good amp in the 150-250 range.

Also when i try to take the input cable out the guitar it seems like i need too much force to take it out. it dont seem normal. should i get it looked at before the warranty ends?

This is actually a good thing .... Try turning the cable (ie the metal end not the cord itself) as you pull it out ...

For amps ... Vox valvetronix, peavy vyper, Roland cube.... Try them all out.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Last edited by Tatsumaru at Nov 21, 2009,
Thanks for the reply fellas and my bad on putting this in the wrong section. The music i want to try and play is mostly stuff like pink floyd. My friend looked at my guitar and he said that its weird that it takes so much force to take out the cord. it almost fells that im going to eventually break the input slot. either way thanks alot guys. i just found the search function and will try and see what i can find.
Look at the Vox vt15's. I like mine alot. Take your friend with you if he'll come.
Quote by BlockFour
Look at the Vox vt15's. I like mine alot. Take your friend with you if he'll come.

+1 Good advice ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.