Only thing I know about it is its a Hondo (ALL it says I've looked nearly everywhere) It looks rather old just wanted to know mainly how old it is and possibly its worth (Sure its worth peanuts mainly interested in age as stated) btw I sanded down the paint is why it lookes like that (Even though looks stupid it did look much worse) Any help with this would be appreciated thanks alot.

I think its got a maple Neck, the pick ups are nameless but they actually sound allright. sorry this is all the info I have on it, sorry for the pic being so small I can possibly post more if needed.

Last edited by Amsterdave at Nov 21, 2009,
Someone on another site says it it might be a super strat copy, I did a little research and it seems to have about the same body, just the neck is totally different, someone else said a possible proffesional II Strat copy But once again the headstock would probably show it... Damn this is frustrating, I'm really interested in uncovering this model. If it helps any Theirs supposed to be a whammy bar in it, Has 1 pup, 2 Knobs. Looked all over for a serial came up with nothing. atleast someone might know where to locate the serial on this thing?
Bump before bed, BTW if someone could just possibly give me a rough year of when hondo used those nameless headstocks that would be fine too. (The headstock just says HONDO in some font, NOTHING else; front or back)
take the neck off the serial# might be in the neck pocket, hondo were reknown for making copies of everything probably worth £100 to £150, finally bumping your own threads is frowned upon read the forum rules.
It seems like there is more writing on the headstock than just "Hondo".
If there is, what does it read ?
Anyways the headstock looks like a MusicMan/80's Ibanez, certainly japanese made, probably even made in an Ibanez factory, so I'd put it between 1976 and 1983.
Last edited by ColdGin at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
take the neck off the serial# might be in the neck pocket, hondo were reknown for making copies of everything probably worth £100 to £150, finally bumping your own threads is frowned upon read the forum rules.

I have not checked their, good idea. Sorry for bumping I was going to bed and had no hits yet so I wanted somthing for when I woke up.

Quote by ColdGin
It seems like there is more writing on the headstock than just "Hondo".
If there is, what does it read ?
Anyways the headstock looks like a MusicMan/80's Ibanez, certainly japanese made, probably even made in an Ibanez factory, so I'd put it between 1976 and 1983.

Their is def nothing on the headstock other than "Hondo" hmm I looked up the MusicMan/80's Ibanez and didnt find any copies on those to compare with, Thanks for a possible year though. Anyone else have anything they can add possibly?
Bumping and double posting are against the rules.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...