Page 1 of 3
So I took a nap this morning before I went to school, and like most of the time, I had a dream. The details of the dream really don't matter, but what does matter is that in the dream I ended up with a grin on my face. Right after, I "wake up", the room was spinning and a grin was plastered on my face. After a few seconds I snapped out of it but was completely tripped out.

Anyways, do you guys have any sleep paralysis stories?
LARGE TEXT
That shit is not cool.

Not cool at all.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Nov 21, 2009,
Yup, well..not me personally, thank god.

My girlfriend woke up, couldn't move...looked around her room, and a child walked up to her. Started talking, she was scared shitless...Must have been freaky. She woke up soon after though.
I once woke up in the middle of the night and thought there was like a party in my room so i put a shirt on so i wouldn't be rude and went back to sleep.....
Once I woke up and a giantic ****ing spider was eating a puppy in front of me and I couldn't do shit about it.

I stole that from Cracked. I've never had sleep paralysis, but it doesn't sound fun.
Quote by Alex Vik
I've never had sleep paralysis, but it doesn't sound fun.

Luckily I have not hallucinated from the times that it has happened to me. Let's just hope it stays that way.
LARGE TEXT
Happened to me once, no hallucinations. I couldn't move and breathing was so hard.... Felt like there was a truck sitting on my chest. I tried to scream for help, and then the next thing I remember was me waking up. Honestly, if I'd had any hallucinations I think I would have immediately seen it for what it was...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Happened to me once, no hallucinations. I couldn't move and breathing was so hard.... Felt like there was a truck sitting on my chest. I tried to scream for help, and then the next thing I remember was me waking up. Honestly, if I'd had any hallucinations I think I would have immediately seen it for what it was...

I take it you can lucid dream then? Or are the hallucinations during sleep paralysis different from dreams?
Quote by Alex Vik
I take it you can lucid dream then? Or are the hallucinations during sleep paralysis different from dreams?

According to my understanding, sleep paralysis hallucinations are often one of these:

-Alien abductions/visitations
-A devil trying to kill you
-Something like that

I know all that. I'd recognize the most likely stuff I could see. Instead I was convinced I was having either a horrible panic attack (done it) or a heart attack (panic attacks kinda make you think that way). But to answer your question, no, sleep paralysis hallucinations take place with you in your bedroom, completely aware (well, relatively completely). It makes them much more real and, frankly, horrifying.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I used to frequently wake up and my limbs would feel like they weighed a tonne, and every breath I took would make the next one harder and harder to take. A few times I literally stopped breathing, before managing to snap out of it.

I get it every now and then still, but I know not to fight it and just stay calm. It just takes a small jolt of energy to break me out of it.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Try having it when you're sleeping on your front, so when you wake up, you almost suffocate.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Alex Vik

From my understanding, lucid dream are dreams that you can "control" to a point. In sleep paralysis you are completely paralyzed and are awake to a certain extent. These hallucinations are uncontrollable.

Basically, your mind is mostly awake and your body is asleep
LARGE TEXT
One time a friend sleeping on my couch had it. I came down early in the morning to get something to drink and he was in the middle of his sleep paralysis thing.

Apparently I was in danger of being eaten by some type of demonic flower monster.
Here's how sleep paralysis works.

1. You fall asleep.
2. Your brain turns off all motor control. This is so when you start dreaming, you don't act your dreams out.
3. You enter REM sleep.
4. ?
5. Your mind stays in REM but your regain consciousness. So you still see and hear shit, but you can't move.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Here's how sleep paralysis works.

1. You fall asleep.
2. Your brain turns off all motor control. This is so when you start dreaming, you don't act your dreams out.
3. You enter REM sleep.
4. ?
5. Your mind stays in REM but your regain consciousness. So you still see and hear shit, but you can't move.

There we go.

I was trying to think of what it was called.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by SteveHouse

omg I hate that...I start screaming and it's like no one can hear me.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
I think I had that once never knew what it was called though. I wasnt sure if I was asleep or awake but I couldnt move or talk so I struggled to get out of bed and I tried to walk out of my room but it was really hard to move like if gravity had gotten 3 times stronger. I made it to my door but I couldnt go any further so I crawled back into bed and just laid there then I guess I snapped out of it but I was never really sure I was asleep or awake during that whole part. It was some scary shit.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by Le_Bunny
Kind of related... does anybody else experience microsleeps every so often? I find myself 'waking up' when already awake. It feels really strange.

Yeah, i hate it so much! It makes you feel like you've been awake for the whole night!
I think these problems run in my family, my dad has had all the problem's i have and he now has sleep apnea and has to wear an oxygen mask-like thingy when he goes to sleep.
sometimes when im in the middle of sleeping, i suddenly jolt as if i was about to fall off my bed when ive been in the dead center of a double bed. Someone told me thats was my heart stopping and my body natuarally gives a shock out to kickstart it...

I don't think that's good...
Quote by ascendancy2
sometimes when im in the middle of sleeping, i suddenly jolt as if i was about to fall off my bed when ive been in the dead center of a double bed. Someone told me thats was my heart stopping and my body natuarally gives a shock out to kickstart it...

That happens to loads of people, i don't think that person was telling the truth.........but i dont actually know.
If at all, sleep paralysis usually alters the surroundings in a rather grim way. The last time it happened to me, I was sleeping on my futon and saw a demonic face sculpture appear on the wall with flies and maggots crawling from its mouth. My parents walked in to see what I was doing so I tried screaming and shaking violently but apparently I stayed completely still so they didn't bother me. This has happened before so no big deal after I woke up, but that was by far the craziest experience I've had with it.
Last edited by FeebleTom at Nov 21, 2009,
I felt like a hand wavering above my face, but couldn't move to see it. I could just sense it.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by ascendancy2

I get that quite often.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
There's nothing holy about balls. Except mine...

I've lucid dreamed before. In one of those dreams I was in my old hometown when I suddenly became aware I was dreaming, so I went on a consequence-free killing and raping spree.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by osXtiger
Try having it when you're sleeping on your front, so when you wake up, you almost suffocate.

Oh man that's so scary.

I used to nap all the time after getting home from school or I'd fall asleep whilst studying on my bed (lol), and every time I'd wake up really quickly after it but be completely paralysed.

It is truly horrific. Can't move at all. Can't even make a sound. It doesn't get any less scary the more times it happens either. It's always horrifying.

What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

My friend says he's experienced it, I haven't though.
He thinks he was abducted by aliens .
Quote by ascendancy2

Quote by soccermom
I get that quite often.

70% of people will experience it, your not alone. Its called something like hypnic jerk.

Apparently as your muscles begin to slack and go into a restful state just as you are falling asleep, your brain senses these relaxation signals and mistakes them as thinking you are falling down.
Quote by ShallowEndings
70% of people will experience it, your not alone. Its called something like hypnic jerk.

Apparently as your muscles begin to slack and go into a restful state just as you are falling asleep, your brain senses these relaxation signals and mistakes them as thinking you are falling down.

I hate that feeling, it usually happens to me when I fall asleep on the train or something. I scare the shit out of people sitting next to me because when I wake up i flail my arms wildly trying to grab something.
Quote by mario61
I hate that feeling, it usually happens to me when I fall asleep on the train or something. I scare the shit out of people sitting next to me because when I wake up i flail my arms wildly trying to grab something.

I get it when i just fall to sleep, straight afterwards it happens. Quiet scary. Like someone else said, it feels like i'm on the edge of the bed about to smack the floor.
I saw a colony of ants march in an endless procession beside my bed.

The thing is, I didn't want to move because I found the sight of it mildly interesting.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I once woke up in the middle of the night; I couldn't move and I was stuck staring at the ceiling above me. Of course, I was completely freaked out, but to make matters worse, in my peripheral vision, I saw a seven-foot tall Waldo staring at me. It was far from amusing.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
sleep paralysis is like being a completely disabled, mute person and thinking your being Abducted, Raped or some other thing.

but yeah iv had it. Sucks balls.
-no sig-
I used to have this thing where'd I stop breathing in the middle of the night. I was usually dreaming, and I just couldn't breathe in anymore. It would be like that for up to 30 seconds.

Any one else?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Page 1 of 3