So PRS is gonna release a new SE model called the SE Torero.
Here are some specs
http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/SETOR-GB.htm

Do u think it is going to be worth $1000?

Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Hmmm this is going to be a bit hard. On one hand there are plenty of guitars that come with active pickups and a floyd rose but on the other this thing looks really amazing. Somehow when and if it does come to Australia I'm placing my bets on this thing being priced about the same as a Standard Series ESP or close to it.

PS. Would like to see it with black hardware.
very relevant to my interests.

I'd bin the EMG's though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
looks awesome, but $1000? i was hoping since it was an SE, it would be cheaper... is that the "list" price?

i love the no inlay look though...and itd be nice if they made a hardtail version.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
looks awesome, but $1000? i was hoping since it was an SE, it would be cheaper... is that the "list" price?

i love the no inlay look though...and itd be nice if they made a hardtail version.

Well an OFR and EMGs cost about $500. Then you have to factor in the guitar itself. It's not a bad deal at all. And It's a sig so don't expect a hardtail version.
I like how when Gibson or Fender dare to suggest putting something like a Floyd or active pickups in one of their guiatrs they get slaughtered, but when PRS does it people are interested.

Either way, I don't see the point. PRS make good guitars in their proper range, sure, but their SE range really aren't up to scratch and basically a grand for any SE model is a complete rip-off. Not to mention, even if this was a proper PRS model, you'd still be better off going to ESP, Kramer, Ibanez, Jackson or whoever else - when you want a Floyd and active pickups you go to the guys who have been doing them for twenty years, not the guys who have slapped some in in a couple of months.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I like this one a whole lot better then that Michael Akerfeldt signature SE guitar I saw earlier today.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well an OFR and EMGs cost about $500. Then you have to factor in the guitar itself. It's not a bad deal at all. And It's a sig so don't expect a hardtail version.

at consumer prices...i highly doubt prs has to pay that much. the whole point of SE's were to make an affordable toned down prs...$1000 is a tad much. im not saying its not worth it, im saying since its an SE, i wish it was less.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Looks awesome ...
It would be cool if it there were some different pickup combinations available from stock ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Holy Katana
I saw this at Sevenstring.org. I really want one.

Has anyone seen the new Mikael Åkerfeldt sig SE?

Yup looks crap. I don't know what's so important about it besides the sticker so unless it like transforms into some kind of magical beast it's just another Singlecut Trem SE
Wasn't Nick Cantanese (from BLS) supposed to have a PRS sig,that was something like this?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Looks awful; and I'm not just saying that because I hate EMG pickups.

The SE is already a sub-par guitar. Slapping on a Floyd doesn't really make sense when the rest of the guitar is so naff.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Probably will be worth it, but I thought the whole point to the SE series was that they were cheap?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I'm betting it'll sell for 750-790 eventually, which is the same as the other SE's (well over here)

if really is a grand you can just asl well save up 350 more and buy a mira/ 2nd hand CE
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I like this one a whole lot better then that Michael Akerfeldt signature SE guitar I saw earlier today.

Is it out already?

Does anyone have links?
I've been googling "Mikael Akerfeldt signature PRS guitar" since the day Mike posted on his blog the news, and i haven't been able to see it yet...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
eh, i'd rather go ESP/Jackson/Schecter for EMG and FR.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Holy Katana
I saw this at Sevenstring.org. I really want one.

Has anyone seen the new Mikael Åkerfeldt sig SE?

Here ya go. http://www.themadape.com/Paul_Reed_Smith_SE_Mikael_Akerfeldt_Opeth_Electr_p/prs-akerfeldt-se.htm

Also, the Nick Catanese model if anybody's interested. http://www.themadape.com/Paul_Reed_Smith_SE_Nick_Catanese_Black_Label_p/prs-catanese-se.htm

Also, they both have Ebony Fretboards!!!! I'm really liking the Akerfeldt mod, but not so much on the Catanese model.

(^ the end of the world)
well, here we have the PRS hellraiser FR... wut?

anyways

its a good idea that they're getting more diverse in styles.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Alex Vik
If I wanted EMGs and a Floyd Rose, I'd buy a Jackson or ESP, not a PRS.

So much win in that post.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
If you're looking for eyecandy and decency as far as speed of the neck goes, buy the PRS. But if you just want to shred what you need to shred, buy the Ibanez with a faster neck, more refined pickups, but less attractive finish, for $500 less. That's not to say PRS's are horrid. Quite the opposite: I love PRS's. They feel, play, sound fantastic. Word to the wise: Get a Paul Allender. I don't doubt it's nearly the same guitar but with a Floyd and EMGs. Plus, isn't alot of PRS's appeal the inlays?

Edit: I'd sooner get the Akerfeldt. I like it except for the O. If the PRS trem bar would just stay in place, I'd be happy.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Last edited by Insanitydenied at Dec 21, 2009,