my 1960a just croaked... or something. I turned my head up to about 2 (6505+) which isnt that loud at all, and all of a sudden my cab all I could ear was air and fuzz.
What could this be ? Could one of the speakers came unplugged or what ? It works on an old kustom 2x12 I have just not the marshall.
I just need a cheap cab to get me through my show tomorrow, than il get the marshall fixed.

Anything under 350, I was looking at used 1960's on craigslist but id rather just buy new and keep it for backup.

Line 6, marshall MG... please tell me theres something better out there for the price.

And answer my whats wrong with my cab question to please ha

geeze i just posted a thread about my spidervalve jacking up, this is my week
Go get the cab looked at....cabs dont just die. And if something did happen, you cant just say that all 4 speakers somehow gave up together.

Go to the tech, get it looked at.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
IDEA what if the input jack on the back of the cab screwed up hahaha never thought of that, sorry guys. IS there an easy way to fix this though ?

back up cab suggestions would still be awesome.
Could be something as simple as jack plate wiring coming undone. Pop it open and see if you notice any irregularities before spending the cash, even if the show is tomorrow.
the wires look almost burnt ? like something fried them ?
we just had a bad storm but everything was unplugged ?

I just tested the speakers with a stereo and all the speakers work if I plug them up individually but not through the input in the back, so the problem is there somewhere !!! ahh its like an expensive game of wheres waldo
Quote by Impress93
It works on an old kustom 2x12 I have just not the marshall.
I just need a cheap cab to get me through my show tomorrow, than il get the marshall fixed.

You have a cab, sure you might not get the same bass response as with the 4x12 but if it's desperate you can still use the 2x12 rather than buying another really bad cab and wasting $350.

EDIT: Pics also help diagnose the problem. But I'd just take it to a tech.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Impress93
the wires look almost burnt ? like something fried them ?
we just had a bad storm but everything was unplugged ?

I just tested the speakers with a stereo and all the speakers work if I plug them up individually but not through the input in the back, so the problem is there somewhere !!! ahh its like an expensive game of wheres waldo

youd be aswell taking it to a tech then they will probably be able to diagnose the problem much quicker even tho it might be a more expensive option.Had to do it myself when my pickups went on my aria and it was something as silly as the battery cavity for the active preamp had severed .

Least the tech will diagnose it quickly if your not sure yourself.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.