For Eric, from Dogs of War.

Wenge fretboard. Nice grain on this one.

Would like to get this one done before February 2010.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Sorry, bad photo, but you get the idea.

Skull is three pieces, plus the jaw. Then gold mother of pearl for the big teeth. I forget what they are called... had a few tonight :P

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at Nov 21, 2009,
Kenines
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Pretty grain

What's the spec for this one sensei?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Definitely the most badass inlay you've done, maybe not the most technical or most detail but most badass! :P
Very nice fretboard/inlay combo. But is there any chance we can get a couple of shots of that sexy spalted maple body in the first pic? Or is that one of those ones which the customer doesn't want shown off?
Quote by iamthejoker
Very nice fretboard/inlay combo. But is there any chance we can get a couple of shots of that sexy spalted maple body in the first pic? Or is that one of those ones which the customer doesn't want shown off?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1079615&page=1&pp=20
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Wenge neck blank. Ultra popular option around here these days.

anyway, back to the inlay

the whole board. Its a seven string...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Tasmanian Blackwood body, also a real popular option.

This blank was lighter on the front, dark and cool looking on the back. So, light side up!

And cover it with some Macassar Ebony. YUM

dont know what happened to the in between shots, I think we just got so into it at work, I forgot to take a breather and pick up the camera.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
That neck is GORGEOUS! Awesome work as always.

How backed up are you on orders? I'm thinking about getting a custom done soon.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Quote by Steve-Mo
That neck is GORGEOUS! Awesome work as always.

How backed up are you on orders? I'm thinking about getting a custom done soon.

Im always backed up, and always have been. Ive got guys who have been coming to me for four years who always say they'll get a guitar when it doesnt take so long to make. I could have made them a few guitars in that time

I am getting through stuff quicker, but at the same time Ive got more people jumping on board. So, the wait list hasnt changed much. It does depend on what you want. This year is going to be bigger than last year, and last year was amazing.

I do have some (8-10) spare guitars coming up soon, but nothing too flash... no mega inlays, but cool gigging guitars with a nice modern feel. Some have fancy tops. All have our handwound pickups. Re-looked at the pricing today, as they are easier to make than I estimated, so the price is coming down too. Basically they'll be the same price as our base price (+$200 for genuine floyd). BUT, Ive got dealers who want stock, so maybe these ones wont even be available direct from me.

I'll be in LA, Vegas, Houston, and Baltimore in June... dont think I could build a guitar before then... maybe if my arm was twisted...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Are all the multiscale necks wenge?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
great to see you back perry.
that inlay looks hot!
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

Quote by eddiehimself
Are all the multiscale necks wenge?

No, but it seems that people who are of the mindset that are open to new ideas are also the same people who dont HAVE to have the usual timbers guitar makers have been using for 50 years.

Also probably because it looks damn cool, and they've all played the demo guitar which had Wenge.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Looking amazing as always Perry. Thanks for keeping us updated over here at UG...we could always use some more guitar pr0nz

Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Why not 1 piece neck?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Oh god Ormsby I love you.

I still think the relic'd by nature series would be tits
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Ahaha yes!

I love the look of that fretboard... I'm wishing that my build comes out nearly as nice as one of yours. I was so disappointed when I saw you were hiring an apprentice and then I realised I live on the other side of Australia
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Your stuff is always bomb, Perry. I love it. I saw that article in GW about that Custom bass you made with RRs' Fingernail as an Inlay. Did that article boost interest in your company?
Quote by JagStang5246
Your stuff is always bomb, Perry. I love it. I saw that article in GW about that Custom bass you made with RRs' Fingernail as an Inlay. Did that article boost interest in your company?

Definately noticed a sharp increase in quotes for US based guitarists, and Ive had randoms in the street even come say hello and want to talk about it. I get that anyway, but these guys are a bit different. Of course, had some negative feedback, but that was expected (and always from the same camps). All in all, it's been really positive. But, its hard to say what has caused the increase in interest, since a bunch of things have been happening around the same time that all contribute towards it.

But, was definately better exposure than the same dollars worth of advertising in a magazine. Doesn't stop there though, and we are currently talking with someone at the moment that will hopefully take us to the next level

funny story:
I was at AMAC (Aussie version of the annual NAMM musical trade shows) and a client and I were discussing tattoos. I lifted up my sleeve to show him my Randy Rhoads portrait. Some guy noticed, and came over. He was actually a journalist for a guitar magazine. You should have seen the cocky strut on this guy as he came over thinking he is gunna 'pwn' us with his knowledge.
So, anyway, he comes over and was telling us all about this guy who had made this bass with Randy's thumbnail in it. I was responding to it all, assuming he knew I built the very instrument he was talking about. I mean, I'm standing in my guitar display stand, with all the signs up, my work shirt on, etc etc. I dont expect the entire world to know who I am, but you'd think he would recognise the branding when Ive had dealings with that magazine previously... right? He must have thought I was a "cocky know it all", who thought he knew all about the bass, despite it being "top secret" at the time.
He had a few of the facts wrong, so I corrected him... nothing serious, just a "nah, its actually closer to an inch thick top, not a veneer..." and stuff like that, and thats when he said something like "how would you know mate? It's under tight media embargo, so how would you know?". He was going on a bit. I just let him run with it.

He was starting to get a little agressive about it, as I guess he comes across smart arse guitar nerds all the time and wanted to put one back in his place. Two can play that game! I had my new endorsee Grant with me, and he just says "Perry, just tell him!" So I proceeded to show him all the photos on my phone of the bass being built, LAX and Vegas airports with the crew, Mrs Rhoads, text messages from Kelly Garni, etc etc.......

Was pretty funny watching this guy back pedalling and apologising. All good fun though. We got looked after for the rest of the show with some strong drinks, so was a good "argument" to have. Nice guy too

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
that story is awesome.
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!