I would go for the yamaha... there both good but you dont need an electic/acoustic (not semi acoustic, thats something else) if your just a beginer.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Disclaimer... I wrote this on three cups of coffee.

Yamaha !!!

I started with the cd-60 and when compared to nothing it isn't a bad guitar.

When you start comparing it to better quailty builds ( not that Yamaha is a Martin by any means )...The fender starts looking like a thrown together peice of junk.

As a beginner... the Fender works... if you plan on going past that and want a guitar to take you further. Take the yamaha hands down.

I orginally wanted yamaha I got impatenit and bought the fender.

Later down the road bought the yamaha... sold the fender shortly after relized how much of a piece of junk it was ( sound and playablity ). Oddly enough paid less for my Yamaha too.( not that it is top quaility)
Still VERY pleased with my yamaha. Sound and playabilty. Even thou I have upgraded since To a Taylor. I still find myself going back to my yamaha.
Yamaha for sure. Their low end guitars are built quite well for the price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yeah, fender acoustics are pretty much stapled as over priced firewood around here...

go with the yamaha, i still have my original yamaha, its set up for slide
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
I would say go with the yamaha. Fender acoustics fall short on the qualit area as well as sound and playability. Yamaha makes a fairly good product. But on the other hand I haven't played the exact two guitars you are metioning. Guitars especially cheaper ones can vary greatly even with the same model. Play them both and decide what you like better.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
If you buy a fender acoustic, you will be 17 with no girlfriend and earning no money

.... i bought a fender
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Its all about personal preference. I've never used a fender before so I can't really say. I'd go for the Yamaha F370. The 300s are reasonably good for a beginner & its got a beautiful finish. Yamaha's are meant for acoustic. Fenders however, are more for electric. So go with the Yamaha.
dakotajoe sennosen,
fender 2016/17 cd60, newlly scalloped body, great nut, bridge and saddle. Change strings.
Still,you' d be better off with hummingbird hs ( solid top, grover, mahogany neck cd140 s, no pick up.
Quote by sennosen
dakotajoe sennosen,
fender 2016/17 cd60, newlly scalloped body, great nut, bridge and saddle. Change strings.
Still,you' d be better off with hummingbird hs ( solid top, grover, mahogany neck cd140 s, no pick up.
Since this thread is 8 years old, don't you think the TS has already made his purchasing decision?