I've been saving gor a guitar, and I really like the ESP LTD EX401DX - trans blk finish, FR... But the Clockwork Zombie graphic model caught my eye as well. That has 22 and no FR, though. Is it even possible to ADD frets to it so it's 24 and put a FR on it? If so, would that take a ridiculous amount of time & money?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
I've been saving gor a guitar, and I really like the ESP LTD EX401DX - trans blk finish, FR... But the Clockwork Zombie graphic model caught my eye as well. That has 22 and no FR, though. Is it even possible to ADD frets to it so it's 24 and put a FR on it? If so, would that take a ridiculous amount of time & money?

yup

be easier buying a different model
How ridiculous is ridiculous, exactly..?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
yes it would. adding frets would involve a new neck, and adding a floyd rose involves cutting out a massive hole in the guitar's body. just get the one without the clock graphics, you'll be better off.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
1) There is no way in hell you'll manage to do this yourself without some wood working experience. Rule of thumb: If you have to ask whether you can do it, the answer is usually "no".

2) Getting it done by a pro will be more expensive than the guitar itself. For additional frets, you'd need to swap the entire neck or at least fretboard and the neck pup might get in the way of a longer fretboard, so you'd have to relocate it, too. Putting in a Floyd means lots and lots of routing which is time consuming and therefore expensive.

2) Don't buy a guitar for it's looks. Get the best sounding, best playing one in your price range and you'll be happier in the long run.
... You... Said "2" twice...?
Whatever, just wonderin', thought the graphics were pretty metal and I want an FR.

Thanks.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
If it's a bolt on then it's not too much trouble because you can buy a new neck and replace it & the FR would be a case of taking it to a tech/a shop and letting them get on with it.

Although tbh, it's probably going to cost you a hell of a lot more.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Mr_CiNiC
How ridiculous is ridiculous, exactly..?

It would be about the equivilent to buying and installing parts to get a susuki to the specs of a lamborgini.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
It is going to be a major headache and a serious amount of cash, so I would advise against it. The location of the neck pickup on your guitar might make extending the fretboard by two frets difficult or even impossible (there might not be enough room). Routing a non-tremolo guitar for a tremolo unit - particularly a Floyd Rose - involves cutting out a lot of wood, which means many man-hours from your guitar tech = big bucks. If you want a 24-fret guitar with a Floyd, get a 24-fret guitar with a Floyd. Modifications should be pursued sparingly.
i'd say it'd be cheaper to get one with 24frets and a FR and then have it custom painted.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
just get a nu geetar
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Gundamnitpete
i'd say it'd be cheaper to get one with 24frets and a FR and then have it custom painted.

This.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
This.
That.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by MatrixClaw
This.

This because MC knows what the hell he's doing. It's a federal offense to not take advice from MatrixClaw.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by Hell Kaiser Ryo
This because MC knows what the hell he's doing. It's a federal offense to not take advice from MatrixClaw.

LOL sigged.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com