In the near future I will be playing guitar online via a service such as Ustream or Stickam and I am pretty clueless regarding what I will need for this.

I want the audio to be as good and I would like some advice on what is the best method for this.

Should I buy a Mic (I've heard Shure mics are good) and simple hook it up to my PC and sit it infront of my amp?

How about Audio Interfaces such as the line 6 UX2 (first one i could think of).

Bearing in mind i also want to be playing a backing track at the time to play over, if anyone could provide me with any help whatsoever that would be great.

Thanks.
I like the line 6 stuff. Im using the guitarport. I have a few videos on youtube if you want to check the quality, just type in DBMV09. You can record directly over whatever backing track you want and use most any program to edit your tracks. Really usefull.
Last edited by TheVinMan at Nov 21, 2009,
Long Answer: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231984

Short Answer: If your amp is good and you have a bit of money to spend - buy an interface and an sm57 on the cheap, learn up to mic up the amp with the 57.

If you have less money to spend and your amp aint great, buy an interface such as the Line 6 Toneport (Pod Studio or whatever) or the M-Audio Fast Track (better) and record using free amp sims.
Last edited by Beefmo at Nov 21, 2009,
I have a Peavey Classic 30 tube amp. Therefore if i buy the sm57 and the M-Audio fast track, should i be able to produce good sounding audio?
I don't have any experience with the Classic 30, although it doesnt look like a bad amp for more vintage stuff, if depends what you're playing I guess, if metal then I'd just get an interface and go with the amp sims.
I have a Peavey Classic 30 tube amp. Therefore if i buy the sm57 and the M-Audio fast track, should i be able to produce good sounding audio?[/QUOTE.

Yes that would work great. And with the Interface you could also run all the kewl free amp sims with a DAW (recording software) like REAPER. I don't use Peavey but I hear the classic 30 is a nice tube amp. With a DAW you can also bring the Peavey into it with the SM57 and add loads of effects (with plug-ins) till yer eyes bulge - you'll be amazed.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Nov 21, 2009,