Ok i'm a total beginner, been playing a few months and i don't know much about guitars.

So i'd like to play metal with 2,5 (?) steps down tuning (B E A D F# B).

I have Yamaha Pacifica 112V with some 9 gauge strings i think. I know i can't tune these down much so should i get heavier gauge strings? Which ones?

I'm not gonna get a new guitar yet And i've heard it's harder to play with thicker strings but i wanna learn.
Uh... Just get heavy, heavy strings. Build your calusses faster.

And... B..? Is that necessary, man..?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Id try D'addario medium tops, heavy bottoms. But why are you tuning to B standard after only a few months?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
maybe he wants to play slayer? I have the christ illusion book and it has a lot of songs in B
Quote by unet
Because B Standard is a real man's tuning.

ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by smartalec007
Id try D'addario medium tops, heavy bottoms. But why are you tuning to B standard after only a few months?

Why not? Most of the songs i wanna play are in B tuning and they don't sound so good in standard tuning.

Do you think it's too hard for a beginner or what?
No, it just seems like a very excessive drop. Lowest I go is Drop C, and that's really rare.

Use .12s or .11s, or Beefy Slinkys.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--