Poll: Which laptop should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which laptop should i get?
Sony Vaio NW
13 54%
Compaq Presario CQ40
4 17%
Lenovo Thinkpad SL410
7 29%
Voters: 24.
I have had and have a Vaio, so I would recommend them for your use. My last Vaio lasted 5 years and is still going fine according to my brother who I handed it down to.
However they can be a bit expensive unless you find a place where you can get a decent price for one.

I cant really comment on the other two as I havnt heard too much about Compaq being good or bad and I just havnt heard of the other one at all.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
why aren't there any system specs viewable? :s seems a bit odd to buy a laptop without knowing whats in it, unless you only want it for looks, then i'd buy either the compaq or sony

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
By internet and school work do you mean pr0n?

Really I don't know which one you should get, but just find the one that suits your needs best.
Or go into a computer store and ask some of the staff
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Equivalence
Just don't get a mac, those things seem to break down within a month.
For me at least

Do get a mac, you can thank me later.

EDIT: What happened to yours?
Last edited by Just_Matt at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Just_Matt
Do get a mac, you can thank me later.

EDIT: What happened to yours?

he probably urinated on it.

laptop magazine released a reliability chart that i stumbled upon a few days ago:

specification wise, i like the lenovo, but the sony vaio is ranked higher.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
he probably urinated on it.

laptop magazine released a reliability chart that i stumbled upon a few days ago:

specification wise, i like the lenovo, but the sony vaio is ranked higher.

I can personally attest to HP being ranked the highest when it comes to malfunction rate. I had more problems with mine than jay-z had with none female related subjects.

I'm probably buying a laptop within the next 4 months as my co-op employer (which I'm working for until April) has an EPP with HP and Lenovo, and taking into account HP's track record, I'm definitely going with Lenovo. The Thinkpad Edge to be specific. As of now, I'm just debating whether or not I want to spend an extra $100 to upgrade from a AMD processor to an Intel processor. I'm not really sure if the improved speed is worth the extra money.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but I figured it'd be better to make this one relevant again rather than making a new one.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Last edited by Sizzleby at Jan 19, 2011,