i have a rack set up with a boss gt-8 and i want to get the best sound out of it

what order should i set it up in through the effects loop?

gear:
Tuner
Equalizer
Sonic Maximizer
Boss gt-8
Last edited by Tguitarplyr182 at Nov 21, 2009,
For the best sound throw out the maximizer and the GT-8.

Is your amp setup stereo? Or is this just an effects rack. The GT-8 has two outputs and a phone out. What effects will you be using on the GT-8?
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Nov 21, 2009,
you're literally insane if you think i should throw out the sonic maximizer, or the gt-8. if you think you can get as big of a low end punch without the SM, or something similar. youre nuts. (although i do give you respect, as you have some pretty sweet guides on the guitar recording which i will be referencing when my band records )

its an effects rack, and on the gt-8 i am running some delays and chorus effects, not really anything on its own,. i usually make a mix of the effects, and i shut off the amp modeling so it only runs the effects on top of the input sound so it doesnt affect the tone of the amp or anything.

and this is just for live sound and practice, not for recording, well yet, anyway.
Last edited by Tguitarplyr182 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Tguitarplyr182
you're literally insane if you think i should throw out the sonic maximizer, or the gt-8. if you think you can get as big of a low end punch without the SM, or something similar. youre nuts. (although i do give you respect, as you have some pretty sweet guides on the guitar recording which i will be referencing when my band records )

its an effects rack, and on the gt-8 i am running some delays and chorus effects, not really anything on its own,. i usually make a mix of the effects, and i shut off the amp modeling so it only runs the effects on top of the input sound so it doesnt affect the tone of the amp or anything.

and this is just for live sound and practice, not for recording, well yet, anyway.

That's not the literal definition of insanity at all.

To contribute, figure out what sounds best to you. Nobody here will (probably) have that set-up, and nobody has your ears. Take an hour and find what sounds best to you.

Also, if you're recording, record with tones that you'll be able to at least somewhat recreate live.
Quote by pensiveintensiv
That's not the literal definition of insanity at all.

To contribute, figure out what sounds best to you. Nobody here will (probably) have that set-up, and nobody has your ears. Take an hour and find what sounds best to you.

Also, if you're recording, record with tones that you'll be able to at least somewhat recreate live.

well yes i will be recreating the recorded sounds live. its just i wont be using the GT-8 for recording. or the tuner, or the equalizer, i would be trying to get a good raw sound with my amp for recording. and the sonic maximizer boosts the signal really great so i would use that too.

i just didnt know if there is a way im supposed to be setting it up to get the clearest sound with good punch with the low end, i was just looking for suggestions.