So I'm looking at the 7 string Shecter hellraiser http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-7-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar-103053963-i1395776.gc

and the Ibanez XPT700 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-XPT700-Extended-27-Fret-Electric-Guitar-105345359-i1435788.gc

If you could please give me some advice on which guitar I should get, or suggest some other guitars. I play heavy metal like Slayer (only playing that right now), Behemoth, Lamb of God, Metallica, Trivium.
i dont like schecters cus the neck is wide as hell and a 7 would be even worse so id say the ibanez and if u want a 7 string they have a nice s series 7 string
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Nov 21, 2009,
well if your playing that sort of metal you might not need 7 strings?
although that ibanez looks uncomfortable, and youd probably regret buying a cactus after a while
Dude at americanmusical.com they have schecter hellraiser tempests with active emgs $499.00 for the see thru finish and 399.00 for black plus they have a payment plan with no card required check them out!!
I'd say the Ibanez if you don't mind the color.

I really like the Xiphos shape and feel, but I find all the colors they come in are pretty dirty. I really like Oli Herbert's one though, that one is the shit (I have a pic of it somewhere on my other computer that I took, but I cba to go up and find it)
Quote by slipknot_420
Dude at americanmusical.com they have schecter hellraiser tempests with active emgs $499.00 for the see thru finish and 399.00 for black plus they have a payment plan with no card required check them out!!
Slightly sneaky advertising perhaps...?

Pat_s1EDIT: One I hauled off the internet (not as good as mine )
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Nov 21, 2009,
Advertising seriously the tempest hellraisers usually go for 749.00 to 800.00 bucks and there on closeout from 399.00 to 499.00!!
So if helping somebody find a killer metal guitar that will easily handle what there looking for is advertising then i guess so!

LTD 2009 Hex 7 Nergal/Behemoth signature model

Might be worth looking into if you want a unique hardtail 7.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Make sure you try these guitars in person if at all possible. Especially with 7 strings since their necks are wider (especially the Schecter). Comparing an Ibanez 7 string neck to a Schecter is like night and day.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Yeah I noticed the shecter neck is significantly wider than nergal's guitar
do you know of anywhere I can try out nergal's model?
Last edited by pedroskins at Nov 23, 2009,
^^^ look for ESP dealers, where are you from. with signature models like that one the shop will have to be a premier dealer most likely, but call up the shops and see if they have one
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210