Hey guys.
I asked a question not too long ago, about which Reverb, OD, and delay pedals I should get, but I didn't really get the answer I was looking for, and, seeing as this thread's different, it's probably better just to start a new thread.

So, I've bought a Handsome Devil, by Blackheart, and I'm very happy with it, it gives me beautiful tones. But, it's a very basic amp, and only has Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Level and Drive controls.

I'm going for a Gilmourish kind of sound, and I'm getting it quite nicely at the moment, but it's lacking all of his pedals.

So, I'd like to get:

• Reverb Pedal
  • Delay Pedal
  • OD Pedal (maybe)
  • EQ Pedal (maybe)
  • Anything else you would recommend for Gilmour sounds.

I'd like to go used, as my budget isn't huge, only £50 per pedal, ish.
I like mids, so nothing with scooped mids preferably, although I could always rectify that with the EQ pedal.

Thank you.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Some kind of rams head big muff clone, but I doubt you'd get that for 50 quid.

So this post wasn't much help
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Some kind of rams head big muff clone, but I doubt you'd get that for 50 quid.

So this post wasn't much help

I could always get rid of one of the pedals, such as maybe the reverb? Then combining to get something like £100? But obviously, something for a cheaper price would be better.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
It's just over £50 and would probably do Gilmour nicely. I'm a big Gilmour fan myself and I think I'll end up with one soon.
http://www.madebymike.co.uk/greenmuff.shtml
Big Muffs by design have scooped mids but if you email MadeByMike he could probably install a flat mids switch to remove the scoop. I think this is probably your best choice.

You could look at the Memory Boy or Toy, again just above your range. I'm not sure of the differences between them but both are well regarded around here and should suit you just fine.

I'd say a fuzz (either Big Muff or fuzz face depending on which era) and a delay are pretty much essential. Reverb would certainly be nice but you might be able to get by without. A flanger would be a good idea but I don't think there's too many cheap options so you might want to go without for now.

What's your overall budget? I'm pretty much going for a Gilmour rig myself so I should be able to help.
Last edited by aaronni at Nov 21, 2009,
A big muff would probably be a good investment for a David Gilmour type tone.
***Short Sig***
Fuzz - MadeByMike Green Muff w/ Mid control
Delay - EHX Memory Boy
'Verb - for £50 probably not much, if you can find 'em used an EHX Holy Grail or a Line 6 verbzilla
EQ - Danelectro Fish n Chips
OD - Not sure about Gilmour's OD, maybe a Ibanez TS-7 and mod it to TS-9/808 specs?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Thanks guys, and to the question above, I don't really have an overall budget, as I'm going to buy one pedal, save for another, etc.

Oh, and are the Boss EQs any good?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Nov 21, 2009,
^The danelectro is better from what I understand.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
^The danelectro is better from what I understand.

Really? It's about half the price of the Boss.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
It's not as noisy as the Boss is. Only thing I would say is the Boss has a better enclosure.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

toneriders might be worth considering for the od and delay (if you're in no rush- the delay isn't out yet). However, I'm only basing that on what I've heard about them, and the quality of their chorus pedal (which i have).

probably worth checking out that made by mike stuff, it seems fairly cheap and should be good if he half knows what he's doing at all.

some of the biyang pedals are quite nice, but the reliability is dodgy (in my experience, anyway), unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can see people arguing that single stomp boxes are better, and while I do agree, the Line6 M13 is a very nice pedal, with a huge range of expressive delays and reverbs. Everything from subtle lead flourishes to long drawn out loops and spaced out sounds.

The fuzzes and ODs are quite good too, although I do lean towards using my Boss OS-2 for the heavier stuff. Anyway the pedal is a good £250-ish, but I guess if you combine your full budget...?

It's worth a look anyway, if you can tolerate the sneers from multi-FX haters. While I respect, understand and even agree with the view, it's a fantastic pedal for the price.
Quote by SimplyBen
It's not as noisy as the Boss is. Only thing I would say is the Boss has a better enclosure.

Yeah I have a F&C, I've had it for like two years and the only problem I have with it is the horrible build quality: the DC jack is broken and the switch is f***d up. The Boss won't have these problems but it's two times the price.
I would get a BYOC Large Beaver kit from http://vibe-o-tronic.co.uk/, get it for £60 and that is a clone of the Rams head Big muff.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly