first, sorry if this is somewhere else already...

ive been playing guitar a few years now, and im in two bands, but id love to start doing my own recordings or an online cover band. what are some of the things I would need for that (specifics would be nice, ie what mic)

thanks allot!
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
You can always use one of the many free drum machines available online. Try torrenting cool edit pro 2 (audition), a good interface is crucial. If you don't like stealing, you can always get Audacity for free. Does your amp have direct line out?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
You can always use one of the many free drum machines available online. Try torrenting cool edit pro 2 (audition), a good interface is crucial. If you don't like stealing, you can always get Audacity for free. Does your amp have direct line out?

No no no no no.

OP, take a look at this topic, it has all the information you should need, barring recommendations from drumkit microphones which I will be adding shortly.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231984
Ive actually got electric drums (me dads), so I believe they could go right into a computer/mixer with a cable of some sort. Im not sure Ill do that yet though. thanks allot guys!
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals