I'm thinking of buying a new amp because the one i have is very basic, no effects or gain control etc. I was thinking the Line 6 Spider 3 30watt amp looks quite good. Any thoughts?
Last edited by BenBattersby at Nov 21, 2009,
Budget?
Do you gig?
Genre of music you play?
????
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'd get a vox vt-30 over the spider. Also consider the roland cube 30X or peavey vyper, especially if you need more gain
Quote by BenBattersby
I'm thinking of buying a new amp because the one i have is very basic, no effects or gain control etc. I was thinking the Line 6 Spider 3 30watt amp looks quite good. Any thoughts?

Your point? My amp has no effects or gain control, and it makes the Spider look like a child's toy.
Mind you, just about everything makes the Spider look like a child's toy.

What's your amp at the moment?
if you can afford about $200 and dont need to play over drums id get a 5W tube
if you need effects id get stomp boxes/multi fx
Quote by Jak Archer
Budget?
Do you gig?
Genre of music you play?
????

Anything upto about £200 and i dont gig. I play mostly rock & metal that kinda thing.
Look into the Peavey Vypyr
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
^ yup nothing more needs to be said
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)