My friend and I jam pretty consistanly. He plays drums, I play guitar. It is our Senior year and we have a talent show coming up at our high scool. We'd love to put on a show, but don't know what song to play.

I have been playing for about 2 1/2 years, mainly metal (more thrash than anything). Songs we usually play include

Seek & Destroy - Metallica (we know this best)
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
S.O.S. - Motley Crue
The Ocean - Led Zeppelin (working on it)
Detroit Rock City - KISS (working on it)

So seeing as I am an intermediate guitarist, what metal/rock songs would you suggest us to learn?
If you were to do a song that you already know, go with seek and destroy seeing as you know that best.

But if you don't have a vocalist, they might see that something's missing or something.

So you could pick an instrumental that you feel comfortable with
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Cannibal Corpse. With Vocals.

But anyway... Seems like Decent setlist.

I could be getting a band together for our show, and I want to play Stabwound by Necrophagist. With Vocals. XD

Or if they won't let me (And they most likely won't) Id just play the Solos I have below...
crazy train because it's not too hard and everyone would know it, which is important for this kind of thing. you should also try and sing, if possible. like i played at my high school talent show and did a neoclassical style shred solo and i didn't even place. i could have probably played speed metal symphony or far beyond the sun note for note and i still most likely would have not won.
How about some Satriani? Perhaps Love Thing? It's not too hard and also quite easy.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Setlist looks awesome!
You need a Bassist though! The sound'll be really thin without bass in the mix, especially for the songs you're doing, the beginning riff of Whom the Bells Tolls is done on Bass.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana goes down well in any room. I played it for a children in need concert in front of about 200 people who where annoyed that they wheren't going to get a performance for they're money. The Gig was badly organised, no mic and one amp. We borrowed a small amp off somone and got out there and played the song and everyone went away happy.