Ok so I had to wipe out my computer recently and I had about 8 gigs of music i didnt want to lose, so I used that one program where it copies all of your music and puts it in a seperate folder, so i did that and put it on a flash.

I have everything back working in my computer and all the songs are under "ipod copied music" But they werent in my ITunes library. So i go to preferences on ITunes and and went to the "Itunes Media Folder Location" and browsed until i found my "ipod copied music" folder. it took forever but finally all my songs showed up in my library. but when i click on ANY of them to play them, a little exclamation point comes up next to it.

It says "The song ____ could not be used because the original could not be found, would you like to locate it?" If I locate it, and find the song (under my ipod copied music folder) then i can click on it and it will locate it and play from then on. I really dont want to do this for over 1000 songs, and i cant figure out any way to not have to do this.

Any help please?

EDIT: also im not doing this because i want to play the songs on my computer, im doing this because i just got a new ipod and need to put all my music on it. And when ITunes wont let me play them, then it also dont let me put it on an ipod or cd or anything since it cant find it.
Last edited by codynw42 at Nov 21, 2009,
File>Add Folder to Library>[Locate this folder]>???>Profit
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Search in the folder for All mp3 files (or whatever format their in). Delete every song from your itunes, and then DRAG all the files in the search list back into itunes
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Necr0maniac
Search in the folder for All mp3 files (or whatever format their in). Delete every song from your itunes, and then DRAG all the files in the search list back into itunes

had to do something similar to this myself t'other day
You probably moved the folder after putting the songs in.

Simply delete all of your itunes library and add it in again. This time, dont move your folders. =]
I have this problem too, but it happened after I upgraded itunes. I'm really pissed, can't play any music through itunes. Not cool. I hate apple.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Can I ask what worked?
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Easiest thing you can do is delete everything in your Itunes library, then import it all. That will get rid of the dead links.

EDIT: sorry, didn't read thread, just to OP.
Last edited by dudius at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by nigeltheginger
Ok, nice one. what now?

Now we have the after party.
Sail upon the open skies
click and drag the folder you want to itunes, instead of letting itunes do the work. your biggest problem is the fact that you're using itunes.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams