Multi effects pedal, what do you suggest?
I'm want to get a multi effects pedal soon. I'm in a band a plan to record soon too. i've been looking at the boss me70 (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-ME-70-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-105301980-i1435629.gc) and it is pretty much perfect, the only thing i would like is if it had an output that could go into a computer. ME70 seems good alot but i'm not sure if it's the right choice. It needs to be under $400 and high quality. I don't have a preamp but i was thinking that a good multieffects pedal could do the same thing. What do you suggest?

The Gotta have's:
Whammy
Wah wah
Overdrive/distortion
phaser
sustain

Thanks.
"We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake in the same way: Not at all or in an interesting manner."
A) What amp do you have now?

B) Does it have to be multi FX or would you consider a pedalboard using individual stompboxes?

C) What the hell is a 'sustain' pedal? Compressor?
Last edited by kyle62 at Nov 21, 2009,
i wouldnt get it if i were you its a waste of money in my opinion.
Well, I personally find the ME-70 pretty distasteful. I know that the stores hate this, but I used my 30 day return policy to use the thing every way I could, to try to get a feel for it in a couple weeks, and ultimately decided on taking it back.
I've never really been a fan of sound processors like that.
The Vox seems the best to me. It's also got a tube in it, to top things off.
Whatever the heck you do, stay far away from digitech.
im gonna get a zoom
they seem great...the one that costs like 350 euro has its own tube so you can amplify it from there (cool no?)
I have a Raven rg20 combo amp. It's actually not that shitty for 20 watts. It's pretty limited though. I could get a pedal board, if that would be better i just figured it would be easier to get a multi effects pedal.

Sustain um... sustains the sound idk. Whatever i really have no idea what i'm talking about. I don't have any expirence with effects. That's why i'm asking.
"We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake in the same way: Not at all or in an interesting manner."
Quote by Robinsonero
I have a Raven rg20 combo amp. It's actually not that shitty for 20 watts. It's pretty limited though. I could get a pedal board, if that would be better i just figured it would be easier to get a multi effects pedal.

Sustain um... sustains the sound idk. Whatever i really have no idea what i'm talking about. I don't have any expirence with effects. That's why i'm asking.

I'd really make getting a good amp the priority, unless the studio you use has some decent gear. You can always borrow/hire the pedals you need during recording.
i would say for you a multi is perfect. it will help you figure out what types of effects you like then you can upgrade as you go.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
Whatever the heck you do, stay far away from digitech.

Normally I would agree with you ( I used to own an RP50 and man I hated it) but Have you checked out the RP500 or RP1000? Alot better, I really like my RP500. Has everything the OP wants and can be plugged directly into the computer. Also comes with Cubabase recording software.

I like the fact that you can bypass the amp/cabinet modeling and just run it in pedalboard mode like a normal chain of pedals.
Yeah i'll be using my friends amp to record. It's a line 6 like 105 watts or something. It's the one with all the metal guitarists tones built in.
Also, thanks everyone for your suggestions. though I'm still trying to decide.
Well, in my case, it's always been really hard to actually make a decision.
I kinda liked the way that the ME70 sounded in the store, and I was impressed, at first, when I took it home, but I quickly started to see all the limitations of it and it was actually working against me because of the way I use gear. It's much easier for me to get what I want with a few treasured pedals than a computer of tones I'm never quite happy with.

Just be cautious about your decision.
Line 6 POD (stay away from the Pocket, though) are nice. I'm hazy on the new Boss ones...

Unless you're gunna use more than 3 or 4 effects, though... I would consider getting single stompboxes. Multieffects are decent for single effects, but the stompboxes have better quality. Stomps are focusing on ONE effect, so they for the most part have much better quality om that ONE effect... Y'know?

My apologies if I'm not makin' the most sense, mildly anebriated.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Line 6 POD (stay away from the Pocket, though) are nice. I'm hazy on the new Boss ones...

Unless you're gunna use more than 3 or 4 effects, though... I would consider getting single stompboxes. Multieffects are decent for single effects, but the stompboxes have better quality. Stomps are focusing on ONE effect, so they for the most part have much better quality om that ONE effect... Y'know?

My apologies if I'm not makin' the most sense, mildly anebriated.

thats something to consider...but multi fx are more practical