i was wondering if anyone knew any programs other than the zune software that i could use to synnc music to my zune.

i have no problem with the zune software except for the massive amount of system resources it uses.

any help is appreciated.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
^Nope

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/hottechnology/thread/e79ddfbf-6e12-468f-a9d9-87957eb81bba

YOU CAN make Zune a storage device! 3rd party hack

Install .NET Framework 2.0 from microsoft.com.
2. Download the ZuneHDPatch at cppworld.com/Zune/ZuneHDPatch.exe, and run it on your PC with your Zune unplugged and the Zune software closed.
3. Plug your Zune into your PC, and it should appear as an external hard drive.
4. To copy files, make sure the Zune software is running and set to "syncing."

Edit: Nvm
Last edited by luv090909 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by luv090909

Hm. Interesting.

I've never found any other way to sync before. Hell, maybe I'll try that. I still have 20 Gigs of unused space on my Zune. I'll just use it as storage.

AÆdit: "Make sure Zune software is running."
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 21, 2009,
To be honest, the Zune software is a great client. If you disregard the memory usage, it will offer an experience which most others do not. It will let you automatically tag your albums, get album art etc. Just give it a try, and ignore the resources. Resources are only useful when you make use of them.
Quote by jacobparker
To be honest, the Zune software is a great client. If you disregard the memory usage, it will offer an experience which most others do not. It will let you automatically tag your albums, get album art etc. Just give it a try, and ignore the resources. Resources are only useful when you make use of them.

Version 1.0 was just a WMP ripoff, yet effective.
Version 2.0 was just plain obnoxious and make you jump through hoops to turn off auto-sync.
Version 3.0 is waaaay better. I use it as my primary music player on my computer now.

It really is a solid music player now. The effects can make it laggy, but I just turned them off.

AÆdit: ^That looks like it might actually work, however.
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by archangels666
Version 1.0 was just a WMP ripoff, yet effective.
Version 2.0 was just plain obnoxious and make you jump through hoops to turn off auto-sync.
Version 3.0 is waaaay better. I use it as my primary music player on my computer now.

It really is a solid music player now. The effects can make it laggy, but I just turned them off.

AÆdit: ^That looks like it might actually work, however.

Auto-sync is the shit, dude.
Quote by jacobparker
Auto-sync is the shit, dude.

I hated it when I was still using my parents' computer. I didn't want to waste space on it, so I'd rip a CD to the hard drive, put it on my Zune, then delete it from the computer.

Now that I have my own laptop it wouldn't bother me as much, but I still don't like my computer doing stuff without me telling it to.