Im looking for a guitar for about $750 (Id like to not go far beyond this price). I want it to be somewhat versatile. Generally I play blues, rock, classic rock, and some metal. I want it to have passive humbuckers (or at least one in the bridge position). So if anyone has any ideas Id like to hear them.

My current gear:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tubescreamer
boss DS2
Ibanez S series. I've got mine and it does everything from blues to funk and metal.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
you should check out:

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute
Gibson Les Paul Junior
ESP EC-401
a PRS SE
a Brian May guitar
Fender guitars in theat pricerange
Thanks for the help guys. Ive been going around to stores trying to test some of these out (havent been able to get hold of an S series yet).

I also forgot to say that I prefer a neck that doesnt have a glossy finish (and perhaps a maple fretboard, but thats not necessary). Does anyone else have any ideas?
Might want to hand out more information.

What type of bridge?
What type of neck joint?
What pickup layout?
What woods?
Anything else?
I have the exact same amp, I find it completely orgasmic. You might not believe me when I say this, but I play a gretsch electromatic 5122DC through it, and the tones are some of the best I've ever gotten. It feeds back sometimes when you're using higher gain, so you might want to invest in a noise suppressor, but it's great for blues soloing, classic rock riffing and surprisingly even metal chugging, and it's so unique and full of personality. I ****in love it.

EDIT: You didn't list them but it's also great for country and jazz if you were to venture into those styles.
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Nov 28, 2009,
Jackson DK2M
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight