Im looking for some new licks amd riffs, in your opinion what do you think of as some of the best metal solos? some of my favorites are Ride the Lightning from Metallica, Hatebreeder from Children of Bodom, and Bark at The Moon from Ozzy
Quote by Nergal22691
The solo in "Crystal Mountain" by Death

+1
This space has been intentionally left blank.
shortest straw - metallica
miracle man - ozzy osbourne
I enjoy going on interviews with Dave Mustaine and Counting how many times it says 'Metallica'

On making a death metal bands logo:
Quote by rabidguitarist
Just duct tape a pen to a dogs face.

UK Hardcore FTW
lol, the solo in embedded is so horrible

on topic, every single solo written by Levasseur.
I mean, listen to None So Vile, every single solo on that album could be my favorite solo of all time.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
lol, the solo in embedded is so horrible

on topic, every single solo written by Levasseur.
I mean, listen to None So Vile, every single solo on that album could be my favorite solo of all time.

eh, I know the embedded solo isn't super shreddy at all, and I even used to hate it, but I grew to like it, and I think it fits the song very well
I just think it sounds like something the guitarist would have written while still learning to sweep
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
thx so far for the replies, on a further note, im leaning toward more melodic stuff, old old metallica, any CoB really, stuff like that
Quote by romencer17
I just think it sounds like something the guitarist would have written while still learning to sweep

hahaha! that makes complete sense to me