Page 1 of 4
Who else hates Twilight and everyone about it?

All I'm getting is "Team Edward or "Team Jacob".

Then everyone tells me to shut up about my Muse tickets and how excited I am for them.

It's gay.

Twilight is the worst thing ever.

Who agrees?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I've never watched either movie, but from what I can gather, Bella is a hypocrite. She hates Jacob because he's killed people, but she feels safe with Edward because she thinks he won't kill her even though he's killed a lot of other people.

If I'm wrong, tell me, I refuse to waste four hours of my life and $20 watching both movies.

Also, I thought all the girls I know grew out of it since they stopped talking about it, but then New Moon came out and they started freaking out about it again.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Nov 21, 2009,
I hate it, but because I'm a girl the majority of my friends love it.

(fml)
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Good writer... However, the book is in no way original and meant for tweens...
Quote by el-ECTRO

(fml)

FML is a different website!
Wrong website for that lady!
the first book was decent, but the movies.. HORRIBLE :vomit:
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Alex Vik
I've never watched either movie

Neither have I, because that's how you don't care about something.
Quote by Tomosaurus
But isn't Kristen Stewart in said films?

i'd tap that
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Quote by el-ECTRO

(fml)

Oh your God, i think i love you

I am militant in my hatred of Twilight
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

And here comes all of the"I Hate Twilight" threads.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I heard it was about white people so I disregarded its existence.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Hey Rapture, shut up about your muse tickets and how exited you are for them.

Seriously though, Twilight's just a craze. We managed to live through the High School Musical craze, so we should survive this.
Quote by Tomosaurus
But isn't Kristen Stewart in said films?

yes she's the only reason I watched the movie, but she has done better in other movies. i have like the ultimate girl crush on her <3 my mom thinks she too guyish but whatever still hot!
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
I watched it last night, and it's fucking awesome. 90% of UGers who hate it are most likely bandwagon-jumpers.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Minkaro
All vampire movies/shows suck.

Without exception.

0.0 True Blood does not suck.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by pag_slash_2
Hey Rapture, shut up about your muse tickets and how exited you are for them.

Seriously though, Twilight's just a craze. We managed to live through the High School Musical craze, so we should survive this.

..or will we?

HSM had 3 movies, Twilight has 4 books i think, meaning 4 movies
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Cole419
Good writer....

There is a lot wrong with Stephanie Meyer's writing. Annoying, one-dimensional characters, overused and redundant adjectives, a disturbingly sick and obsessive relationship, and the most disgustingly blatant Mary Sue since Stephen Dedalus. Not to mention the fact that a love story that is supposedly about seeing inner beauty is impossible to take seriously when the writer can't stop gushing over how gorgeous and pretty and beautiful and hot and sexy and graceful and attractive Edward is. It's also worth noting the fact that it ignores pretty much all accepted ideas of vampirism, removing every single weakness and curse vampirism entails, from holy water to sunlight to the need to drink human blood to the point that Edward has as much in common with a spider as he does with the traditional idea of a vampire, and replaces them with...random superpowers. Then there's the utterly twisted plot points, like Bella marrying and getting pregnant right out of high school, Bella refusing to get away from a guy who admits to her face he feels urges to kill her solely because he's hot (or would "dazzling" be more appropriate?), and a werewolf falls in love with a newborn baby and promises to care for her until she is "of age" so he can woo her. If that wasn't horrifying enough, the baby conveniently happens to physically mature at an accelerated rate, and will look 17 when she is 7, so that's okay. No it's not.

I could accept this as a badly written book, but there are some things here that go beyond fantasy and reveal either a very naive or very twisted author. The series, which is written for girls nearing dating age, idolizes a textbook abusive relationship. Edward is controlling, prone to bursts of anger, moody, and jealous. He cuts her off socially, and she follows him like a blind puppy, expressing horror at the very concept of him leaving her. Or, you know, killing her. He justifies any wrongdoing against her with “It’s just because I love you” or “It’s what’s best for you.” As if that wasn't enough, he watches her while she sleeps. That's not sweet, that is stalkerish, and if a young girl gets the idea that this is acceptable from Edward, she will be ignorant of a classic warning sign of a very dangerous person. It presents a risk of violence and abuse as an exciting obstacle that can be overcome with true love, and treats obsessiveness as romantic and flattering, which is a great mindset to have while being abused. I have enough confidence in human intelligence to know that fans of these books aren't all going to be eager to get into abusive relationships, but if the best thing I can say about the love story is "readers will probably be smart enough not to emulate the main character," that is not a good thing.

The Twilight series is a poorly written story of an obsessive relationship told by an unreliable narrator, but even with all this I could still ignore it. But there is one story aspect that I simply cannot overlook, one that fills me with such rage and disgust at the very thought of it that I feel true, genuine hatred for this series and its author. I am talking, of course, about sparkly vampires. That is not a joke. The vampires sparkle. They're not weak to sunlight, it makes them glitter. I could understand if it was a cringeworthy metaphor, but no. As if Edward wasn't already slathered in adjective and adverb vomit, he has to literally emit glowing rays of light to really drive the point home that he's pretty. For god's sake, even My Little Pony has the taste and common decency to forgo bioluminescence, and she's a horse who exists for no reason other than to look pretty. Edward, a humanoid, has no such excuse. For all the poor writing and warped notions of how romance works, it's the fact that Edward is basically a big piece of jewelry with a rocklike personality to match that drives the point home that these are bad books.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
That's why I don't really like the book/movie it's too one dimensional to me. Harry Potter fan all the way lol. I just rather read my Harry Potter books than some crummy vampire love book. idk maybe I'm just a weird girl but it just doesn't appeal to me. Harry Potter has more action, a little bit of romance, and I just love it. <3.....sorry got a little fangirly for a second
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
My favourite part of Stephanie Meyer's writing is when she uses a surplus of adverbs to describe how perfect in every single way Edward Cullen is.

'He is seriously, undoubtedly, pulsatingly, handsomely, beautiful. I would have given anything just to be touched by his generously, unforgettably, beautifully sculptured hands'

Not an exact quote, but you get the gist of it.

And another good thing about Twilight is that at least it's now easier for guys to distinguish awesome girls from girls that are brainless sheep and fvcking idiotic.
--------
Quote by apothecarrie
My favourite part of Stephanie Meyer's writing is when she uses a surplus of adverbs to describe how perfect in every single way Edward Cullen is.

'He is seriously, undoubtedly, pulsatingly, handsomely, beautiful. I would have given anything just to be touched by his generously, unforgettably, beautifully sculptured hands'

Not an exact quote, but you get the gist of it.

And another good thing about Twilight is that at least it's now easier for guys to distinguish awesome girls from girls that are brainless sheep and fvcking idiotic.

my friends tried to make me read the books but I just couldn't do it. Then they start squealing about how hot Edward sounds. annoying.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by Ganoosh

You, sir are a legend.

where is that from?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

You know who sounds hot? Jay Gatsby.
That's right. Teenage girls should be squealing about how brilliant The Great Gatsby as a book is.
--------
Quote by Cole419
Good writer... However, the book is in no way original and meant for tweens...

No, just no. If you read the books you can see that she has horrible grammar and there are quite a few spelling errors too.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
i going out with my girlfriend cause she hates it

thats how shallow i am

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by Minkaro
All vampire movies/shows suck.

Without exception.

icwutudidthere

Anyway, the books are terrible. The author cannot write prose to save her life.
I've only seen the first movie. Its not that bad. Its still stupid, but all things considered its not bad.

My biggest gripe is how superficial everything is; all Bella cares about is how perfect looking Edward is.
Now that's a great thing to teach kids, isn't it?
MATTERHORN
Quote by apothecarrie
You know who sounds hot? Jay Gatsby.
That's right. Teenage girls should be squealing about how brilliant The Great Gatsby as a book is.

I didn't really like that book. lol But then again I read bits and pieces. I did like to Kill A Mockingbird but my all time favorite book from school was probably Night by Eli Wiesel LOVE that book or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde because of all the jokes in class we made about Mr. Hyde trampling the little girl. I miss my English class we had so much fun in there with our reenactments.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
The first movie was pretty good, I'll probably see new moon, sometime too. I not obsessed with it and I haven't read any of the books...and I'm not gay.

and shut up about your muse tickets.
Quote by apothecarrie

Haha, yes! I think I am literally the only girl in my year that doesn't like it. There aren't even any people that think it's okay, they're all totally obsessed with it.
Quote by undecided1993
Haha, yes! I think I am literally the only girl in my year that doesn't like it. There aren't even any people that think it's okay, they're all totally obsessed with it.

High five fellow non-twilight liking girl!
--------
Page 1 of 4