" It's anybody's guess how many of the world's guitar players are already fingering bad wood."

for some reason that made me laugh

and its pretty sad that they focus on guitar makers instead of the logging companies chopping the trees down...
Quote by XxSensesFailxXx
" It's anybody's guess how many of the world's guitar players are already fingering bad wood."

and its pretty sad that they focus on guitar makers instead of the logging companies chopping the trees down...

No demand means no choppy choppy.
The country where it comes from in corrupt and lawless. You can't police it.
You have to kill the demand.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
actually the country it comes from allows exportation of the wood. also worth mentioning, gibson buys their lumber from a broker - gibson doesn't deal directly with loggers or a sawmill in madagascar, so this sounds like one of those legal messes rather than knowingly breaking of the law on behalf of gibson.

on the other hand, the u.s. and many other countries signed a treaty as to how certain kinds of woods could be chopped and harvested to be allowed for sale. that was to protect certain trees from being made extinct. brazilian rosewood is one such wood that was becoming very very scarce. it makes sense to follow up in those situations to protect the species.
^ For sure. Central American Mahogany is also starting to go the same way as Brazilian Rosewood. That's why we're using a lot more East Indian Rosewood and also Sapele(aka African Mahogany). They're both supposed to sound pretty much the same as Brazilian Rosewood and Central American Mahogany. They are also much more sustainable as they've only been used for a much shorter amount of time.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by XxSensesFailxXx

I died when i saw that too!!!