I currently own a squire (bullet?) guitar and a roland cube 15 amp. I enjoy playing mostly metal but I would like an amp with some versatility. A while ago I put in an order for an Agile Intrepid 8 String guitar which should come in sometime january. I wan't an amp that can take the low bassy notes of an 8 string and still play high notes beautifully.

I wan't to have a great metal sound but it's also important that i have a good clean setting too. I love the settings of bands like: Animals As Leaders, The Faceless, After the Burial, and Lamb of God.

My budget is 500 US dollars which means I'm probably looking for a combo amp. I was looking at a Line 6 Spider but nearly everyone on ultimate-guitar seems to detest them. What would you guys suggest. And thank you in advance.
Vypyr TUBE
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
id say look at bugera. im soooo happy with mine, and it only costs a bit over 500 US, but that was a half stack. you can probably get a combo for 500. and its tube. best amp for the price.
you could look at a blackheart handsome devil or a peavey valveking and use the money saved to a get a dcnt distortion or overdrive pedal
Is vyper the company?

no it is an amp made by peavey that is simliar to the line6 spider but tube powered
Last edited by britishsligean at Nov 21, 2009,
Impguitar: Wow that sounds pretty good. I think I'm going to go to Sam Ash later and try one out

Bristish...: I dunno i have an overdrive pedal right now and i hate all of the feedback. I just feel it would be easier if i had a good amp to start with. I'm probably going to get a footswitch too for if I want to switch seetings.

Thanks alot for all the advice guys. Keep it coming
Last edited by Asexybeastamos at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Asexybeastamos
Impguitar: Wow that sounds pretty good. I think I'm going to go to Sam Ash later and try one out

Bristish...: I dunno i have an overdrive pedal right now and i hate all of the feedback. I just feel it would be easier if i had a good amp to start with. I'm probably going to get a footswitch too for if I want to switch seetings.

Thanks alot for all the advice guys. Keep it coming

That's because you run it through a modelling amp, which doesn't take pedals well. Running distortion pedals into tube amps works very well.

Quote by britishsligean
it is an amp made by peavey that is simliar to the line6 spider but tube powered

So it's a POS but with t00bz?

It's a good modelling amp with tube poweramp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Nov 21, 2009,
If you're going to be waiting that long, maybe look at a Peavey 6505 112?
Quote by JesusCrisp
That's because you run it through a modelling amp, which doesn't take pedals well. Running distortion pedals into tube amps works very well.

So it's a POS but with t00bz?

It's a good modelling amp with tube poweramp.

Yep.

The vypyr actually has potential to sound good, unlike (IMO) the spider.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The peavey or bugera. I got my 6262 combo for $500 new out the door, and it sounds teh br000talz
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
If your playing metal, I'd say get a humbucker sized single coil to put in your squire, guitarfetish.com has ones that cost about 25 bucks. As for the amp, get the vypyr.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ