I am in a deathcore band, and we've got our first show coming up and we've found a way to get pretty constant decent sized gigs whenever we want. MY problem is that my 30 watt amp is A) a piece of shit, B) not loud enough, and C) broken. my only other amp is a reeeeeaallllly old vintage tube that cant go very loud at all.
so i need a 100 watt (preferably more towards 120-150) amp.

specifications:
- i dont need many effects, ive got a good pedalboard. just eq, maybe some reverb is all i need
- 100 (prefereabbly more) watts. i need this to be big enough to do ANY show.
- something not cheaply build, i want it built well and to not fall apart after a year.
- can handle disortion well, and has good bass (we drop to A)
- and not too expensive. less than $1000 would be nice.
You'll want a tube amp, and you definitely won't need 100 watts, look for tube amps around the 50 watt mark.
However I'd suggest a Peavey Valveking, but I'm not sure of how much they are over in the states

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
marshall mg. the distortion isnt the best but im sure you have a pedal for that.

lulz
You can probably afford a really, really nice combo for that price.

Why does it need to be a halfstack? You'll be able to mic it into the PA for pretty much any venue.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
it doesnt necessarily neeed to be a halfstack, a reallly loud combo would prob work fine too.

and about mic'ing it to the PA...
im also going to be using it for band practices, not just gigs.
so i want to be able to keep the volume with our other guitarist, whos usually through a line 6 stack, but still, a loud combo would work too.
Last edited by ForeverInUtero at Nov 21, 2009,
If you can find one, a peavey XXX 112 combo, discontinued but you can find them, or a 6505+ 112 combo.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by ForeverInUtero
it doesnt necessarily neeed to be a halfstack, a reallly loud combo would prob work fine too.

and about mic'ing it to the PA...
im also going to be using it for band practices, not just gigs.
so i want to be able to keep the volume with our other guitarist, whos usually through a line 6 stack, but still, a loud combo would work too.

A 30W tube combo is probably loud enough for prac. You could go lower if you angle it against something or raise it up on something
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Bugera: 6260, 6262
Peavey: 5150
Ampeg: VH140C

That's what I'd look for if I was playing Deathcore. I believe they all come in combo or head versions (except maybe the VH140C, don't know for sure). You can buy the Ampeg usually for around $250, but don't disregard it on price, it's a beast of an amp.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Consider the Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 or 60 as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ForeverInUtero
my 30 watt wouldnt go loud enough for even just an alt rock 3piece practice when it was working...

Was your 30 watt SS or tube?
get something small(1/4-50w) and tell your other guitarist to turn it down
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Blow your other guitarist out of the water with a 5150 (or a bugera copy). 2x12 if you don't have the cash, and please, for this price range, go used!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Blow your other guitarist out of the water with a 5150 (or a bugera copy). 2x12 if you don't have the cash, and please, for this price range, go used!

You should really go used either way (except for Bugera), as buying an amp is a lot like buying a car; you could buy a new one, but used will typically be a better deal.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Was your 30 watt SS or tube?

+1

15 watts tube is enough to keep up with a drummer un-mic'd. I use my Night Train at practice un-mic'd and it stays clean at those volumes just fine.
You might wanna check out the Ravens, one of my friends has the halfstack and it seems pretty good, my other friend has the combo(100w) and that seems pretty good too
They're SS though, so you'll have to look somewhere else if you want a tube
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by imicius
You should really go used either way (except for Bugera), as buying an amp is a lot like buying a car; you could buy a new one, but used will typically be a better deal.

yeah ill prob go used. our other guitarist just got some great deals and was telling me about some pretty good amps at local pawn shops