Hey GG&A, I've just got a quick gear question.

I'm investing in a new pedalboard soon, a Pedaltrain PT-2. What I'm wondering is if a 1-spot plugged into a powerstrip would be safely mountable to the bottom of the board? If not, would I want to go with something like a Voodoo Lab or Dunlop DC Brick?

Also, is the 1-spot going to cause annoying buzzing or any other tone travesties?

Thanks!
Quote by pensiveintensiv
Hey GG&A, I've just got a quick gear question.

I'm investing in a new pedalboard soon, a Pedaltrain PT-2. What I'm wondering is if a 1-spot plugged into a powerstrip would be safely mountable to the bottom of the board? If not, would I want to go with something like a Voodoo Lab or Dunlop DC Brick?

Hmm, maybe? Depends on if you're mounting the power strip to the bottom or not.

If you get the mountable version, try for the VLPP2+; I <3 mine, and supposedly the DC Brick does not have isolated ports.

Quote by pensiveintensiv
Also, is the 1-spot going to cause annoying buzzing or any other tone travesties?

I never had that big of a problem with signal noise, but it was definately there. I have had no such problems with the VLPP2+
I use a one spot...don't have as many pedals as I used to. But when I hate a long signal chain, my wah would be noisy and pick up radio stations. So I just bought a separate adapter for it. Problem solved. You can't really beat the one spot for the price.